What I need.

“Lex, are you sure you want to go on tour?” I questioned as she packed her clothes. “I think I’ll be able to cope. I can trust you right?” I stood up and hugged her around her waist, “Of course.” She resumed her packing and I lay on the bed. “Alex, what’s wrong?” She asked. “You know you’re strong right? I don’t know a single person that comes out of the hospital and immediately wants to tour.” She giggled while laying her head on my stomach as I played with her hair. “I know I’m in good hands.” After packing, we carried her bags downstairs and into the bus. “Everyone here? Okay, here we go!”

This trip was taking too long. Lex was asleep and Jessica was basically glued to my arm after the argument we had. "I'm gonna go lay in my bunk for a while."---"I'll come too babe!"---"I'll be fine Jessica. I'm tired. You can keep Cassadee company." I was exhausted and had a headache from Jessica basically yelling into my ear about ‘our future’. I walked to the bunks and closed the door behind me so it wouldn't be too loud. I pulled back the curtain to Lex's bunk and noticed her shivering. I went to my bunk, across from hers, and pulled out my batman blanket and covered her. I sat next to her and watched her breathe lightly. "I love you Lex. Nothing is going to hurt you." I whispered to myself. I kissed her temple and lay in my bunk. Before I knew it, I was dead asleep.

------------

"Wake up babe. We're here." I felt Jessica kiss my lips and opened my eyes slowly. I looked at Lex's bunk and noticed her still sleeping. I got up, rubbing my eyes and kneeled next to Lex's bunk. "Brown eyes, wake up we're here." She turned around and rubbed her eyes and yawned. "This bunk is too comfy to get out of" She mumbled and buried her face into the pillow. "I'll buy you coffee."---"A bribe I see. Fine, I’ll get up." She rose up out of her bunk, sleepily, and walked to the bathroom. I watched her go and turned to Jessica. "Why don't you have a nickname like that for me huh? And she had your batman blanket. Why? You don't let me touch the thing." I leaned my head back and ran my fingers through my hair. "I've always called her that. I call you babe don't I? I told her I’d be here for her and that’s what I plan on doing."---“So, you’re just going to leave me out in the cold for her?”---“I never said that Jessica. Stop jumping to conclusions.” Her tense body calmed and she placed a kiss on my lips. “I’ll see you in the venue.” She strutted away and I buried my face into my hands.

I put on my shoes and walked towards the front longue. I felt a hug from behind me and saw Lex. "You're batman blanket smells like it was covered in your cologne." I laughed a little and turned my body, putting my arm around her. "You weren't shivering anymore at least."---"True. Thank you Alex." She let go and walked out the bus as I followed. We walked into the venue and Lex's face lit up. I strolled up next to her and she sighed. "No matter how bad things get, performing can always get my mind off things." She looked at me and smiled. "LEX!" The guys from We the Kings ran up and hugged her. "We’re glad you're okay!" She smirked, hugging all of them. "Come on Lex. Sound check!" Joan called out. Lex ran onto the stage a grabbed her guitar with Joan following. They took they're places as I walked to side stage and watched Lex sing with so much heart. "They're really good. I've always wanted to be in a band but people say I’m better solo." I looked to my right and saw Jessica. "You sing?" She nodded and started singing. Her voice was similar to the sound of nails running down a chalkboard. "How was that?"---"It was um, good?" She jumped up and down but I enjoyed listening to Lex. "Oh my god! I should sing Remembering Sunday with you! Yes?! Ok!" She ran off before I could even speak. 

-------------------------

It was 10 minutes before show time and I was talking to Jack, with Jessica's hand glued to mine. Blink-182 was blasting through the venue speakers and I heard Lex and Joan singing from the dressing room. They walked out of the dressing room, smiling and singing. I could see Lex's sparkle from 10 feet away and she looked more gorgeous than before. She was wearing black jeans, white vans, a black and white striped shirt, and suspenders. "Hello, Earth to Alex!" Jessica waved her hand in front of my face. "What? Huh?"---"I said how do you like my outfit? I mean, it's my first time performing in front of thousands of people! I wanted to look hot." I looked Jessica up and down with a fake smile. She looked kind of slutty. I always tried avoiding slutty girls, but somehow always ended up with them. Was it me? "It's nice." I mumbled, looking away. "Jackaroo!" I saw Lex jump onto Jack and hug him. "Lexaroo! You okay?"---"I'm fine. I'm surrounded by the greatest people ever." She grinned and hugged Jack again, hiding her face in the crook of his neck. "Aw, are you guys going out? You totally should." Jack laughed at Jessica's statement. "I'm with Joan." Lex started laughing too. "My ugly face can only attract cats. I’ll be a cat lady, yeah, that sounds fun." Lex gave a little pout and Jack laughed. "Shut up Lex. I told you before, you’re beautiful." I felt Jessica giving me a death glare from the side. "Yes, yes whatever you say Alex!" Lex and I stared at each other until I felt my face being pulled towards Jessica. She had her hands tangled in my hair and her lips attached to mine. "This is awksssss. Come on Jack. Let's go get a monster. I'm dying of thirst!" I stopped kissing Jessica and looked at Jack and Lex walking away. I turned back towards Jessica. "What was that for?"---"Oh. I just felt like kissing my boyfriend that's all." She grinned and walked away to fix her makeup.