See what we got.

Month Later 

“Wake up!” I rolled over and groaned as the twins jumped up and down on the bed. “It’s sissy’s birthday!” The leaped off the bed and ran out the room. Lex turned her body towards mine and leaned her head against my chest. “It’s our daughters birthday and our first show of the tour. You ready?” I laughed, “I’m ready for anything.” I placed a kiss on her lips and she tangled her fingers in my hair. “Now, let’s go wake up Jaselyn.” I threw on my glamour kills hoodie as Lex threw on one of my old shirts. “Alex, you forgot a shirt.” She giggled. “Eh.” I grabbed Jasey’s present from the closet and we made our way up stairs, the twins giggling behind us. “Sh. Once I open the door, we start singing okay?” I whispered. They all nodded their heads and I swung the door open and we started screaming happy birthday. Jaselyn rolled over in her bed and smiled at us with sleepy eyes. Lex sat on the edge of her bed as she held the cake in front of Jaselyn. She blew out the candles, “Thanks guys.” Jason and Jasmine attacked her with hugs and numerous kisses. “Happy Birthday Jasey.” I kissed her temple. “Thanks dad.”

I handed her the small box and she slowly unwrapped it, revealing a silver ring on a necklace. Engraved on the ring was her birthday. I grabbed the ends and wrapped it around her neck, hooking it together. “Now, we all get ready for Mom and Dad’s tour!” The twins jumped with excitement and ran down the stairs and out the door. “You ready for it Jasey?”---“Seeing different cities with my family? Definitely.” She smiled and rose from her bed, embracing Lex and I in a hug. Lex kissed Jasey’s forehead, “Flyzik and the guys will be here in about an hour so shower up, love.”

After quickly getting showered, dressed, and packed, we made our way downstairs and waited for the kids. “Come on guys!” I held Lex’s hand; “I wonder how Jasey dressed them today.” Jasey would always dress the twins. First down was Jasmine. She had a burgundy Neff beanie, black jumper with black leggings to match. Her little white socks were over her leggings and her small black and white vans made their way down with her stuffed animal besides her.  Jason ran down behind her with a baggy white jumper, black jeans, high top converse and a black Neff beanie covering his head. “Well, don’t you two look adorable.” Lex said with a smile. Jasey came down with the twins’ luggages in her hand. She had on my glamour kills tee with light blue jeans and black vans. Her necklace hung on her neck and she slowly stepped down the stairs. Her black beanie covered her now grown hair and her black cardigan covered her scarred arms. “All you guys look adorable!” Lex pulled them in for a hug and released them once we heard the tour bus horn. “Everyone ready for a year tour?” They all nodded and ran out the door.

Time Lapse to first show

I looked over at the twins, Jaselyn and Lex singing along side-stage. “Before we play this next song, I want someone special to come out and play the guitar with Jack and I. Jasey, come out.” Over the past couple months, I taught Jasey our songs and she was a natural. Flyzik handed her one of Jack’s guitars and she made her way on stage. She stood next to me and jumped once she noticed the twins were holding onto her legs. She kneeled down, kissing them on their heads and Lex came out, grabbing the twins in her arms. She shot the crowd a smile and ran off stage. “Well, you just saw my family.” I laughed into the mic. The crowd was screaming and some were booing, which threw me off a bit but I brushed it off my shoulder. “Let’s get this shit started!” I saw as Jack and Jasey stood facing each other and played the beginning to Dear Maria. I was in the happiest place possible. I was singing my heart out and it felt great to be back on tour. I had my eyes closed until I heard a scream.

LEX POV

I heard the twins scream and instantly looked up towards the stage. Some girls had managed to stowaway onto the stage and had attacked Jasey. “Stay here okay!” I ran off onto the stage. Alex was trying desperately to pry the girls off but couldn’t. “GET OUT HER!” I screamed. I used all the strength I had and managed to rip off one of the girls. Alex got the other girl off and instantly wrapped his arms around Jasey. “You don’t belong to them! Look at those disgusting scars and now you have more!” The girl yelled. Flyzik and Colussy had the security escort the girls off and told the crowd that they had to evacuate the building. I kneeled down next to Alex and Jasey and held her hand. I hadn’t realized but I had tears streaming down my face. I looked at Alex as he tried his best to hold back tears and bit his lip. I leaned my head against his and cried harder. 

The ambulance had arrived and placed Jasey onto the gurney. I held Jasmine as Alex held on Jason and we ran out into the car with Colussy. Colussy followed the ambulance and I could not stop shaking. When arriving at the hospital, we weren’t able to see Jasey for an hour. Alex sat with his head buried into his hands. Jasmine tip toed up to his leg and kissed his cheek. “She’s okay daddy. She fought for brother and me. She can fight for herself.” Alex looked at Jasmine with puffy red eyes and hugged her. I stood up and sat Jason into the seat next to Alex. He pulled me into his lap and snaked his arms around my waist, resting his head on my chest. I twirled a piece of his hair around knowing that it always had calmed him down. He let out a sigh and his body loosened. “Mr. and Mrs. Gaskarth?” We looked at the small, chubby nurse. “You can see her now.” The twins walked behind the nurse as Alex and I were behind, gripping each other’s hands.

We entered her room and saw our smiling daughter lying there. Her necklace still hung around her neck and her bracelet I had given her was still wrapped around her wrist. Jasmine and Jason sat criss crossed at the edge of the bed as Alex sat in the seat near her bed and I sat in his lap once again. He took grip of her hand, “J-jasey?” I choked out. “You guys look like crap.” She softly laughed. “I can say the same about you.” A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips. “The doctor said I don’t have anything major. Just had to get a couple stitches. I’ll be out tomorrow.” She smiled. “You are a true fighter.” Alex spoke. I snapped a picture of Alex holding Jasey’s hand and he posted it nearly everywhere. ‘My daughter may be in the hospital but she is one true fighter.’  

Jasey smiled at the responses telling her to stay strong and feel better and to continue fighting. Alex didn’t leave her side until she was released. Alex held the hands of the twins as I tightly held onto Jasey’s hand. We stepped through the automatic doors and the band and crew greeted Jasey. Even fans were lined up behind railings. I was proud to have people there that were glad Jasey was safe.