Protection.

ALEX POV

I woke up to the sound of dishes clanking downstairs. “Lex, is someone in the house?” Lex opened her eyes slowly, “Only the kids.” We rose up from the bed, got dressed, and slowly walked downstairs, careful to be quiet. I peeked in the kitchen doorway and saw Jason sitting on the counter, stirring pancake mix, and Jasey making eggs, and Jasmine dancing around the kitchen. “What the?” I laughed. Jasey spun around, Jason looked up at us, and Jasmine ran behind Jasey. all their  eyes shining. “Oh. Did we wake you? I’m sorry. Jason was hungry and it would be wrong to just cook for us three considering you guys let us stay here for hte night.” Lex grabbed my hand, “No. It’s fine. Where did you learn how to cook, Jasey?” Lex asked. “Well, my dad didn’t really feed us, so I had to learn.” Lex and I sat at the table as Jasey set up 5 plates of Bacon, eggs, and pancakes. “Enjoy.” She smiled. She sat the twins in a seat and they began to eat.

"Jasey? How long was your dad abusing you?" She swallowed down her mouthful of pancakes and She looked down at her plate. "Ever since I was 5. He abused my mom as well. After she died, he just kept abusing me." ---“Oh… I’m sorry. ANother question, who’s Jeanette? The one that gave you guys the ‘Nothing Personal’ album?”---“Nanny.” Jason mumbled with his mouth full. Jasmine giggled, “Chew first Jason!” Jasey said behind a smile. He gave Jasey a glare and continued chewing."My dad had this girlfriend named Nanny. She was cool and then my dad started abusing her and she left quickly." She shot us a fake smile. “You guys are safe with us.” Lex said with a smile. "What do you mean?" Jasey questioned. "We mean that we want to keep you, Jason, and Jasmine here with us and to join our family, Jasey." She turned to her little brother and sister but they were already up, hugging her leg. "Sissy... say yes." They pleaded. Jasey looked back up at us and nodded. "What are your middle names?" Lex asked. "My full name is Jaselyn Ash Moore and Jason's is Jason Alex Moore and Jasmine's is Jasmine Wish Moore ."---"Well you guys are now Jaselyn Ash Gaskarth, Jason Alex Gaskarth, and Jasmine Alexa Gaskarth." 

LEX POV 

I began washing the dishes and caught myself in thought. Who would’ve known that two random kids off the street would be the kids we'd end up keeping? I felt Alex’s arms wrap around my waist and his lips against the tattoo behind my ear. “Love, they don’t have any clothes. They only brought certain things with them.” I turned off the faucet and placed my hands on the counter. How can someone hurt these kids? They were helpful, polite, and loving towards each other. I guess that happens when you have an abusive parent and only have each other. I turned around to face Alex, “Well, I guess we’re going to have to fix that right now.” I smiled. Our faces changed when we heard piano notes from the basement.

We walked downstairs and saw Jaselyn gracefully playing different chords while the twins sat on opposite sides and stared up at her. Our faces lit up once she started to sing,

Heart beats fast, colors and promises. How to be brave How can I love when I’m afraid to fall, but watching you stand alone, All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow, one step closer… I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don’t be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years, Ill love you for a thousand more…

“Sissy, we’ll be okay here right?” Jason asked. Jaselyn looked down at him and held his small hand. “I have a feeling we will be, Jay.” She kissed his forehead. Alex walked up behind the three and hugged him tightly to his chest. “For sure, you’ll be more than okay. We’ll take it step by step. First step, buy you two clothes and stuff for your room.” Alex said, a smile plastered onto his face. Jasmine turned around, “Really mommy?” My heart jumped at the sound of the word ‘mommy’. “Yes really.” I grinned. “Um, I don’t have a clean shirt…I brought clothes for Jasmine and Jason.” Jaselyn said softly. “Alex will let you borrow one of his. Just get up and shower and we’ll be on our way.” The two ran upstairs to shower, Jasey following and Alex and I ran up to our room to shower as well. After getting cleaned, I took Alex’s shirt to Jaselyn. “Thank you.” She smiled. Jason was sitting outside the restroom waiting for Jaselyn, playing with Jasmine and Alex walked out the room, freshly showered and dressed.. Jaselyn came out minutes after and Alex froze. “Jaselyn, what are those?” He asked, pointing at her arm. I looked and noticed about 10, long scars on her arms. “I promise I didn’t do it.” She stuttered. “Our old daddy did it.” Jasmine said. she walked up to Jasey, held her hand, and kissed one of her scars. She looked down and smiled. Alex grabbed Jaselyn's arm, "Promise me, you won't do this to yourself. Please?" He held out his pinky and Jaselyn wrapped her's around his. "I promise."--- “You’ll be safe here, away from him, I promise. You belong to us now. I won’t let anyone hurt you two and neither will your Lex.” 

ALEX POV

After buying furniture at IKEA, we walked around the mall, shopping for clothes for the kids. Jaselyn was holding Jasmine's hand as Lex and I walked behind, walking hand-in-hand and Jason ran around in front os us. “Oh my god! Alex Gaskarth and Lex!” We heard a group of girls yell. They crowded us, asking for pictures and autographs. While speaking with a couple fans, I spotted a girl yelling at Jaselyn, “Whatever! You’re way too ugly to even near him! Look at those disgusting scars!” She pulled the twins closer to her. The next thing I saw was Lex pushing through the crowd, making her way next to Jaselyn and I followed behind her. “Don’t talk to her that way.” Lex growled. She pushed Jaselyn and the twins behind her. “I-I” The girl was speechless. “You were being rude to our daughter.” I said. I pulled the kids close towards my body. “Go ahead and post it everywhere. We have three adopted kids and we’re damn proud of it. If you ever tell anyone about their scars or anything else, you are no fan of mine.” I said through gritted teeth. I grabbed Jaselyn's hand as Lex grabbed Jasmine’s and Jason's. We walked off, leaving the girl speechless. We walked around the mall, with the group of fans behind us. “Um, Alex?” Jaselyn spoke. “Hm?”---“Why’d you do that? I’m used to it people making comments about my scars…” I looked straight into her eyes, “I told you no one is going to hurt you or the twins.” She smiled. Jason and Jasmine grabbed Jaselyn’s hand and pulled her into a toy store. Lex gripped onto my hand, interlocking our fingers. “You’re being a great dad so far.” She grinned, looking up towards me. “And you’re being a great mom so far.” I kissed her lips. “It's weird saying mom and dad, but I like it. ”She said with a grin. “And I do too.” I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me.