Moment in the life of.

LEX POV

“Ouch!” I heard a yell and a loud thud. I shot up from my bed and ran towards the noise. Running upstairs to the attic, I quickly opened Jaselyn’s room and saw her laying on the ground laughing. “Jaselyn? Are you okay!” I asked. “I’m fine! Hurry and leave! I want my room to be a surprise!” I quickly shut the door. “Be careful!” I called out through the door.  I walked to the twin’s room, where Alex was helping them set things up. I opened the door a slight bit, “Alex, we need Lex.” Jason said. “No no. I can do this! I think.” I fully opened the door and laughed. “Oh really?” Alex’s eyes widened and Jasmine broke out into a fit of laughter. “I can! I promise! By the way, what was that noise?”---“Jasey fell while doing something in her room. She wants it to be a surprise apparently.” I said with a smile.

Alex’s face was full of confusion. “Oh really?” I nodded and kneeled next to him while I picked up Jasmine and set her on my knee. I kissed his lips as his hand cupped my face. “Mommy, can we get cereal?” Jason pouted. “I guess I have to get used to that word.” I sighed and smirked. “Daddy, let’s go.” Jasmine whined. Alex stood up and wrapped his arm around my waist while I held Jason against my hip and he held Jasmine’s hand. “I guess I have to get used to THAT word.” He walked out the room, giggling. “Okay! My room is ready!” Jaselyn yelled down the attic stairs. We stood at the doorway, facing a closed door. “Ready?”---“Yes!” We said in unison. She swung open the door and Alex’s jaw dropped. All Time Low was playing through the speakers of her new computer that was placed on her bed. “You guys like it?”

My eyes wandered around and I noticed Alex’s lyrics on the wall. ‘Wide awake, my mistake, so predictable, you were fake, I was great -nothing personal.’ Alex stared up at his lyrics. “The other wall is going to be full of pictures of us.” Alex pulled Jaselyn into a hug. “Why my lyrics Jasey?” She smiled up at him. “Well, you saved me and the twins from the streets. Why not have our heroes words up on the wall of the house he took us into to?” She said. I walked up to Jaselyn and kissed her temple. “And we plan on keeping you off the streets and in our lives as long as possible.”

ALEX POV 

I heard the ringing of my phone and checked the caller id. “Hey Jack, what’s up?”---“Dude! You have kids! When was Lex ever prego!” Oh shit. I guess I forget to tell the guys. “Oh yeah. We adopted kids and yeah… Surprise!”---“So… I’m an uncle!” Jack yelled into the speaker. “Yes Jack.” I laughed. “The guys and I are on our way!” He immediately hung up and I called everyone downstairs. “Lex! Jasey! Jason! Jasmine!” They all stepped down the stairs and stopped midway. “Yes?” Lex asked. “The guys are coming! We forgot to tell them about the kids!” Lex’s face went from smiling into complete shock. “Shit! I knew we forgot to do something!” Jaselyn cocked her head and raised an eyebrow. “You guys are going to meet your uncles. Go get ready!” Jaselyn ran back up the stairs and Jason and Jasmine scrambled from Lex’s grip and ran after Jaselyn, into her room. 

“Alex! We’re here!” I hear Jack yell through the door. I unlocked the door, revealing Zack, Rian, and Jack with smiles and full of hugs. I stepped aside letting them in. “Hey guys!” Lex called out while walking down the stairs. She hugged them one by one. “So! Where are the kids!” Jack yelled, jumping up and down. “Are you excited you have someone you can actually be a kid with, Jackaroo?” Lex said behind a giggle. “Maybe…” Jack answered. “Jasey! Jason! Jasmine! Come down!” I yelled. Jaselyn came down, wearing a stripped white shirt, black jeans, and converse while she held Jason and Jasmine’s hands. Jason was wearing a light blue jumper, blue jeans, and white converse and Jasmine matched. They reached the bottom of the stairs and froze. “Guys, this is Jaselyn, Jason, and Jasmine. Jaselyn and Jason, this is the rest of All Time Low.” I said. “Hello.” They said in unison. “They’re British!” Jack squealed. Lex nodded while laughing. Rian walked up to them, “I’m your uncle Rian.” Zack followed, “I’m Uncle Zack.” And then there was Jack. “And I’m uncle Jack!” He called out flailing his arms. They all laughed and were engulfed in a hug by Jack.

After countless hours of the guys playing with the kids, and talking and stuffing our faces with pizza, the guys were ready to leave. “Well, we’ll see you soon kids!” They all attacked the guys with hugs. They walked out the door and the kids sat on the living room floor. “Bed time guys!” Lex called from the kitchen. “Jasey!” Jasmine yelled. We ran to the living room and Jasey was having another anxiety attack.

LEX POV

Alex immediately ran to Jasey’s side and the twins ran to hug my leg. I rested my hands on their head while we watched Jasey. Alex carried Jasey up onto the couch and sat besides her, resting her head on his chest. He rocked her back and forth like he had done in the diner. “Jasey, what’s wrong?” She was shaking furiously, “W-what I-if h-he f-finds u-us…” She stuttered. “Who Jasey?” I asked concerned. “Daddy…” Jasmine mumbled. I knelt down beside the twins, “He won’t find you.” I stated. “That’s right Jasey. I’ll repeat as many times as you want, you’re safe here.” Alex said, kissing Jasey’s head. After about an hour, Jasey and Jasmine fell asleep on Alex, and Jason slept near Jasey’s legs. “How’s it going there, Mr.Gaskarth?” I laughed. “I can’t feel my legs.” He whispered. I slowly helped him up, careful not to wake the kids.

Alex dragged me behind him, up to our shared room. He laid me on the bed, and began kissing my neck. “We’ve been extremely caught up with the kids. I want you, right now.” He mumbled against my neck. I bit my lip and raised his shirt over his head and mine came after. Lifting me up a slight bit, he pulled me on top of him. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance. I gladly accepted and our tongues explored each other’s mouths. “Mommy?” I stopped and rolled off Alex, throwing on Alex’s shirt as he changed into basketball shorts. “Come in.” Jasmine slowly opened the door, with a bear in her hand. “I couldn’t sleep.” I sighed and looked at Alex who had a slight smile. “Come on, love.” I laid down and she laid down beside me. Alex turned out the light and lay behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. Jasmine instantly fell asleep. “Well, that didn’t end well.” He laughed.  “I guess it’s something we’re going to have to get used to.” I smiled and kissed his lips softly. “M-mommy?” We heard Jason. Alex buried his head into the pillow and groaned. “Yes Jay?” I giggled.

“Can I sleep here?” I sighed and looked back at Alex who was laughing. “Yes, love.” He climbed up and laid beside Jasmine. “Good thing this bed is huge. Or else I’d be on the floor.” Alex whispered. “Alex? Lex? I’m sorry about them. I’ll get them out of here.” Jaselyn whispered, as she walked in. “No.” Alex said. “It’s fine. You might as well join us.” He laughed. “Are you sure? It looks like you’re about to fall off.”---“I’m sure.” She shrugged and laid next to the twins, bringing them close to her body so there was more than enough room for Alex. I turned in his arms and kissed him. “I guess we’re going to have to get used to A LOT of things, Mr.Gaskarth.”---“Seems like it. But, it’s worth it, Mrs. Gaskarth.”