Chapter Nine

|Chapter Nine|

Dakota now wiped another set of tears that were rolling down her cheeks as she looked at her parents' grave stones. 

Matt frowned and rubbed her back as she cried. 

"I'm so sorry mum and dad.." She sobbed. "I should've done something to save you both, but I couldn't."

Matt held her close, stroking her hair. "It's okay Dakota, everything is going to be okay, I'm sure they're proud that you're still here." 

"I know, but I just feel terrible that I couldn't do something to possibly save them." She replied, crying even more. 

"They were in the front seats, there's no way that you could've saved them, the water rose right away for them." Matt said, closing his eyes, listening to her cries. 

After a while of standing there, Matt and Dakota finally started heading to her house. 

This was the first time that Matt had gone to her house, and he seemed pretty interested in it. 

**

"Would you like a drink?" Dakota asked Matt as he sat down on her bed. 

"No thanks. I just want to talk to you." He replied. 

Dakota smiled, sitting down next to him. 

They sat in silence for a while, then, she kissed his cheek and rested her head on his shoulder. 

"Thank-you for being there for me today. I needed someone to be there, I was worried that I couldn't find you." She said. 

Matt smiled. 

"Don't worry." He said, turning his head. "No matter what, you'll always be able to find me." 

"What is the real reason that you didn't come into school?" Dakota then asked. 

Matt frowned. "No reason. I just didn't want to go in and see that asshole. I hope you were okay. Did anybody pick on you?" 

Dakota shook her head. "Nobody said anything, Jake just 'accidently' dropped his lunch down me on Monday." 

She felt Matt tense up so she held his hand, he soon relaxed again. 

"I'll sort it out when I'm back." He simply said.

Dakota looked up at him. "When are you coming back?" 

Matt shrugged. "Soon. It's Friday now, so I might come in starting Wednesday, then we break up for summer next Friday don't we?" 

Dakota nodded. "Please come back. I don't want to go another day without you there." 

Matt smiled, kissing her just like he did two months ago in the woods, this time, it felt even more love-filled than before.

After a while of kissing, Matt broke apart. 

"It's cool if I stay here tonight isn't it?" He asked. 

Dakota smiled and nodded. "Fine with me, nobody will be home anytime soon anyway."

"Good." Matt grinned, then he continued kissing her.