Chapter Twelve

Author Note: This is just a fill-in Chapter so it might be a little boring, whoops, sorry about that. 

|Chapter Twelve|

The person standing in the middle of the road. 

A shadow to us, he looked like he was ready to make our car swerve and dunk into the river...

Whispers of people all around me, then sudden flashes of blue and red lights, screaming for people to stand back. 

A breath of fresh air, rising to the top. 

Dakota sat up, this time she didn't gasp, it didn't frighten her, but she just felt like she needed to wake up to take that breath of air again. 

It was the middle of the night, she looked around, then at the door. 

It had now been a week since Matt first started living with her, no more news had come through about his Gran's death, but he seemed okay, he acted like he didn't care.

Her bedroom door opened slowly, Matt stood there watching her and smiling, she guessed that he couldn't see that she was awake as she had rested her head back on the pillow.

"Matt." She whispered into the darkness.

Matt moved forward, standing at the bottom of her bed. "Yes?" 

She moved over. "Can you come and lay in bed with me please? I just had another nightmare." 

"I will, can I just go and wash my hands?" 

"Why do you need to wash your hands?" She asked, turning the lightswitch on.

She gasped, his hands and face were covered in blood. "W-why have you got blood all over you?"

"Nosebleed, that's why I'm up." He replied, frowning. 

He was wearing his black jeans but he was topless. "I didn't want to wake you, so I checked to see if you were still asleep."

She nodded. "Oh, okay then, go and wash your hands and then come here. It's our last day of school tomorrow until we're off for summer." 

He grinned. "Good, it means we get to spend even more time together." 

She lightly smiled as he left the room to wash his hands and face off. 

He then climbed into bed with her, hugging her close to his body. 

"What made you have a nosebleed?" Dakota calmly asked, frowning and stroking his face.

He shrugged. "I don't know. I just woke up and then my nose started gushing with blood." 

Dakota pouted, then kissed Matt out of the blue. 

He smiled, pecking her lips back. 

At least tomorrow was their last day in school, then they broke up for the holidays, Dakota was looking forward to spending a lot more time with Matt.