Chapter Ten

|Chapter Ten| 

Water is now seeping through the car, it's getting harder to breathe. 

"M-mum?" She mumbles, she's still dizzy from the fumes. "I can't open my eyes, my head hurts, someone?" 

All you can hear is the screams of passers by and people trying to help out as the waters rise. 

She finally opens her eyes to reveal a terrible scene before her. 

Dakota shot up, gasping for air, it was morning. 

Matt quickly sat up next to her, stroking her bare arms. 

"It's okay my love, it was just a nightmare." He soothed her. 

She looked at him, at first she was still in shock, but then she started crying, leaning into his warm embrace as they both laid back. 

"It's okay Dakota. I'm here for you." Matt soothed again, stroking her hair. 

They lay next to eachother, sunlight seeping through the curtains as they rested, naked under the blankets. 

** 

It was around 10AM when the front door knocked loudly, waking both Dakota and Matt up from their short nap. 

Matt was still holding her body close to his, making them both smile at one another before standing up. 

Matt wrapped the blanket around his hips, heading for the door. 

"You get dressed, I'll go answer it." Matt said, now opening the door and exiting the room. 

Dakota quickly got dressed into a pair of black jogging bottoms and an old "Marilyn Manson" shirt. She tied her messy hair into a pony tail as she headed downstairs. 

Matt was still at the door, talking to police officers, she frowned, walking up to them to see what was going on.

"-the station with us and we'll ask you some questions." Was the last thing she heard as she stood next to Matt. 

The police officer that had gave her the news that her mother and father were dead was standing there, he looked at her, smiling sympathetically. "Good morning Miss Harmon." 

"Good morning, um, what's going on?" She asked. 

The policeman went to tell her that it was none of her business, but Matt quickly butted in. 

"They've found my Gran's body at home, they need me to answer a few questions." He said.

Dakota gasped, stroking Matt's bare back. "I'm so sorry to hear that Matt."

He just shrugged. "It's okay, I'll get over it." 

That suprised her, she knew that he didn't seem like an emotional person, he could shut emotions off like a switch, he was lucky to have that skill, but she couldn't help but feel a little scared. I mean, even if you are good at shutting your emotions off to the world, surely you'd be bothered about a family member as close as your Grandma dying.