one

octavia +

four challenging years later and i'm living fine. of course, i still am hard on myself for being a divorcee, but what can i do about it? jack didn't want me. i couldn't care less now because i have an amazing boyfriend who treats me right and loves me.

i fiddle with the chain on my watch as braxton drives us to an event for his work. well, ours. we share the same company and it's amazing because even when we're not at home, i still see him all of the time at the office.

the event is companies coming together to raise money. everyone here has money to flaunt and to donate. there are games to play, auctions, dances and so much more.

"we're here." he speaks up, stopping in a parking spot.

i look up at him through my eyelashes and smile. now is not the time to be nervous because i'm going to have to be talking to a lot of people tonight and discuss topics like coming together on a project.

"the venue is nice." i comment, looking at it while i get out of the car.

braxton nods his head and i walk around to his side to straighten his tie. i lightly peck his lips, trying not to get lipstick on it. he smiles at me gesture.

"i really wish you didn't wear such a revealing dress." he murmurs, fixing the straps. "but i'd be lying if i said you didn't look sexy as hell."

"you're too kind." i laugh.

braxton's smile grows as he grabs onto my hand and walk inside. we are immediately engulfed in greetings and swarms of people. some, i've known for a long time and others, i'm just being introduced to.

"octavia! that is such a cute dress." clara, from trinity corps, comments.

i turn to look at her and she's in a silky, pale blue dress that pretty much falls to the ground and follows her wherever she walks. she's super stunning and i'm jealous.

"thank you." i smile brightly. "i like yours too."

"really? i don't really like it, but lucas did. so i wore it for him." she tells me, rambling on,

clara's one of my old friends. we've done business with each other and she's someone that i can always count on. i mean, she did choose me to be her maid of honor.

"we need to text more. i knew you were coming here, but you didn't tell me that you were."

"i recall texting you this morning." i say.

"yes, but you just texted me what shoes you were wearing."

"hey, at least i texted you." i reply and she giggles like a schoolgirl.

i feel a hand on my elbow, making me look at the person touching me. braxton is finishing up his conversation with someone before paying attention to me.

"i'm going to get us a drink." he says.

as he does, clara is being dragged away by lucas and i didn't even get to tell her that i'll catch up with her later. brushing that off, i focus on braxton again.

"okay, i-"

"i know what you want." he winks. "i won't take long, baby."