epilogue

i tried to be as active as possible during my pregnancy, but little gilinsky made me tired and lethargic. i had the worst cases of morning sickness and so did jack. i tried to stay stress free, which was almost impossible.

i was planning my wedding left and right and this baby was going to pop out of me at the altar. jack helped me with so much. like with colors and decorations. for the wedding and baby shower.

he was excited and patient during the nine agonizing months. he's putting our baby before everything. work, friends, and even himself. i knew that he'd be an amazing father.

jack suddenly rushes into the kitchen where i'm preparing the food. loud cries alert me immediately. both jack's and our baby girl's.

"she keeps crying. i don't know what to do." he whines, bouncing her against his chest.

"maybe her diapers full-"

"i just changed it." he cuts me off, exasperated.

i don't think he realized how much responsibility comes with having a baby. maybe he just wanted one to have one.

"then she's probably hungry." i tell him, nodding my head to the prepare bottle sitting on the countertop.

"what would i do with you?" he asks me before getting it to feed her.

"have no fear, uncle lawrence is here!" my other brother shouts from the front door.

my eyes flicker to jack's in confusion. a look of relief comes across his face as lawrence enters the kitchen. you're most likely wondering what the hell he's doing in my home.

after i got pregnant, him and my father both apologized, with the help of my step mother. i eventually forgave them because i wanted my baby to have her uncle and grandpa in her life.

"she just stopped crying." jack informs lawrence, gently handing adeline to him.

"what are you doing here?" i ask him, checking the time.

he shrugs, "i wanted to drop by before i head over to braxton's." he tells me and something turns in my stomach.

jack clenches his jaw at the mentioning of his name. we have a lot against braxton because for the past few months, he's been sabotaging a lot of jack's business deals to get revenge.

"i'm taking him to a strip club."

i roll my eyes, "good to know, lawrence."

lawrence strolls into the living room, ranting quietly to adeline like she can understand and help him with his problems. jack comes behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist tightly.

"what are you cooking?" he asks me.

"food."

"well, no shit. what kind?"

"the kind you can eat." i grin, getting under his skin.

"how do you feel about your brother still talking to your ex?" jack asks me, changing the subject casually and unaware that he's squeezing me even tighter.