four

braxton hugs me around my shoulders and i smile like an idiot. he's so good to me and he doesn't call me a gold digger. he's the one that actually gets mad if i don't accept a gift from him.

he says that it's a form of saying 'i love you', but of course, he verbally and physically tells me that too.

"why are you so tall? i hate you." i sigh.

"why are you so short? i love you." braxton grins at me through the mirror.

i dramatically roll my eyes as he laughs and kisses my cheek really quickly before proceeding to get ready for work.

"i'm taking you out for lunch today, so don't be too busy." he tells me.

"for you, love." i feign a british accent. "i will not be busy. at least i'll try not to be."

he laughs once more before tossing me my dress that lays flat on our bed. i examine it for a moment wondering whether or not i should change it. this is going to be the second time.

"it looks fine, babe." braxton reassures me, securing his tie around his neck.

i grunt when i see him smooth it out, "you always put it on crooked." i say, walking toward him to straighten it out.

"i'm sorry." he drags out, kissing my forehead.

"have fun at the office. behave. i'll meet you for lunch at 12:30." i inform him.

his eyebrows furrow, "why won't you just go with me now?"

"because i have to finish getting ready and i don't want you to be late."

he tilts his head in confusion, "why can't you see me when you get into the building?"

"you'll be busy." i remind him. "i have work to catch up on. i've been way too distracted recently."

he sighs, "okay, fine. i love you and i will see you at 12."

"i love you, too- hey! 12:30!" i exclaim.

"12." he admits, grinning. "don't be late or i'll drag you out of the office myself." he threatens.

"i'm not scared of you." i cynically mock.

"you should be." is all he says before leaving me to be.

unzipping the dress, i set it back down on the bed to change out of my clothing. when my shorts fall to the ground, a hum is heard from the door and i slowly turn to face it. braxton leans his shoulder against it.

"go to work!" i scold braxton who licks his lips seductively, trying to lure me in.

"okay, i'm leaving now. don't miss me too much." he jokes.

i can't fool around with him right now and keep david waiting. oh crap. i have to see jack again today. brushing off the though for now, i continue what i was doing before braxton interrupted me with his sexual self.

when i finally hear the front door of our penthouse shut, i put on the dress. my hair is already curled and i just need to put on my makeup. it takes me a long time because i need it to be perfect.