thirteen

jack's pov

"i want this delivered to her office." i order.

"but-"

"no ifs, ands, or buts, lorenzo."

"why are you coming to me four years later?" he questions, his voice shaky.

lorenzo grabs the pitch black gift bag from my hands. octavia was very fond of him, so who better to give a gift to her from me than lorenzo? the man who can do anything and everything.

"sir, you do realize it's sunday, right?"

"okay and?" i snap, wanting him to just get out of my site and have his ass on the way to octavia's place.

"i doubt she'd be in her office. especially on a weekend." he informs me.

i grunt, snatching the bag from his hands. so much for his help. without saying my farewell, i get back into my car, trying to hunt down where she lives now. she mentioned that she lived with her boyfriend.

boyfriend. gross.

my father probably has his address. i don't see why he wouldn't. not considering my thoughts, i take out my cellphone to call my dad. i just have to sound all formal and businesslike.

"yes, jack?" he says immediately.

"what is braxton miller's address?" i ask, sounding way too forward.

"why?"

"i'm want to apologize to him." i grin, happy that he can't see me.

the only apologizing will be him regretting that he took my girl in my first place.

"good for you. i have it in a file somewhere." he tells me, clicking around on what sounds like a laptop.

shit, he's actually going to give it to me. just like that with no other questions asked.

"ah, here it is." he speaks up, catching my attention instantly. "i think it's very kind of you to apologize to him."

"yeah, yeah."

he tells me the address and it takes me zero time at all to locate it. good thing i'm not far from it at all. seems to me like they live in the nicer and smaller sized penthouses. it's my goals to woo her. woo her to the point where her panties come off too.

i park my car relatively close to the entrance and get out, flattening my suit. the jacket makes me look to formal. i take it off, tossing it to the passenger side of my car. i roll my sleeves up to my elbows and strip off my tie too, unbuttoning the top two buttons.

there. now i don't look like such a desperate try hard. i take the chanel bag out and realize that i actually do look like a i'm desperate and a try hard. going after a girl who's clearly taken and won't let anyone forget that.

but she was mine first and all i have to do is claim her once again.

my cellphone buzzes in my pocket, making me inwardly groan in annoyance. my dad ps name flashes across the screen. i roll my eyes, answering it.

"what?"

"he's not home."

i stop breathing for a second, "come again?"

if he's not home, does that mean octavia isn't either? she'll tag along with him everywhere like a lovesick puppy.

"braxton is not home." he repeats. "i called to check." he informs me and my eyes widen.

"you did what?!"

"he's doing something with octavia's brother, lawrence. you know him?"

how could i forget. the guy who wanted to beat my money making face in with a brick.