Confession

Althea's Room. 11:11 p.m. December 2. 

**WARNING! This Chapter includes SSS (some sensitive scenes)**

Lol.. *Hides in the closet*

------------------------------------------------

**Althea's POV**

------------------------------------------------

I stood frozen at the sight of the unexpected guest outside my window. She was drenched to the skin and streamlets of water ran down her shivering body. Her damp clothes clung perfectly to her frame revealing how delicate she was underneath the thin fabric. Her wet hair sticked to her shoulders, back and neck. She was pale like the moon that hid behind those rain clouds and her sad brown eyes gazed directly into mine, piercing through the cold glass between us. 

From the moment we met, I have never seen Jade look more bleary - or fragile - or beautiful.

"Al-thea.. "  almost swooning.

I absentmindedly dropped the knife and placed the candelabra down the floor. Without a second thought, I opened my window to let her in. 

"Jade? Wha-?"  

I reached for her hand and guided her across the window into my room. Jade fainted as soon as her feet touched the floor (thankfully, I caught her in my arms). She clung to my neck as I carried her and gently deposited her in my bed. I closed the window and placed the candelabra down the sidetable. 

Jade looked exhausted. 

"How did you get here?... Who are you Jade?" I whispered to myself as I stood at the foot of the bed, marveling at the mystery before me.

"If she's a vampire and I invited her in.. I'd be dead! On the other hand, "Death by Jade" doesn't sound bad to me at all."

I shook my head in amusement.

Jade shivered while she slept. Her clothes were dripping wet while she lay in my bed, damping my sheets as she rested. I worry she might get sick from getting soaked in rain water for too long so I consulted my conscience and got a..

"Another spongebath?"  I blushed upon recalling the effect it had on me.

"I'm supposed to look after her!" The Nursing Assistant in me reasoned.

"Do I really?.. But what if  I?.. What if she?.."

My mind and my heart debated. 

In the end, they both won.

"Keep it together Althea! She's gonna get sick unless you do something now!"

I sighed and took out a fresh pair of pajamas, a towel and a thick blanket from my closet. I also readied some bandages and antibiotic cream for her wounds. 

The rain fell outside while I watched the candle's flame dance in the dark. A few minutes passed. 

I finally took a deep breath and composed myself.

"I'm a nursing assistant, I do this everyday because it's my job and I'm a professional. "

"Jade.." I shook her shoulder but she didn't move, so I sat her up against the headboard and took another deep breath. (Repeat Chant 3 x)

I gently lifted her shirt up. It sticked to her skin and thought it would wake her but she didn't even budge. (Repeat Chant 5 x)

I reluctantly removed the soggy bandage on her torso to clean her wounds. Her slender frame revealed an 8-inch cut etched across her skin. I closed my eyes and tried not to think of what they did to her... and I had to because of  "other" reasons like ...