Alive

San Martin Tent City. Mid-December. 11:45 a.m.

****Althea's POV.****

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When I opened my eyes, the sun was directly overhead. I found myself lying on a cot behind a tent. I even have a blanket on me. It was a hot day so I got rid of it, my forehead was drenched in sweat and so was my back. I reckon was already noontime 'cause I could feel the burning sun prickling my skin. I turned my head and saw someone cooking over the distance, it was windy and she was having trouble starting the fire. Two other people joined her and one of them got his shorts one fire. I quietly laughed while I watch him put out the flame. My shoulders moved as I chuckled, I realized it doesn't hurt anymore. I even stretched my arms and moved my legs. 

I feel good.

With a smile, I gazed at the ocean blue sky. I haven't felt this well rested for long time. Whatever medicine Joy gave me must have been really strong 'cause I feel so alert and alive with no pain at all. I decided to remain on the cot for a few minutes to gather my thoughts.  

Another busy day ahead of me. This "I'm saving the day" schedule I got is pretty hectic. It would put a Superhero to shame, considering I don't even have super powers.

First on my list. The Necklace. 

Whenever I think about the dove pendant, Jade's face automatically pops up in my mind. I bet she's pissed off at me for throwing her necklace away. But can you blame me? The necklace spells trouble with a capital T and to think that Jade just hangs it around her neck!

If Joy's telling the truth that it's some sort of weapon, then I better find it asap before the inevitable happens.

Next on my list. Jade.

Until now, I have no clue where she is. It's hard to tell if my dream about her was real. All I know is I miss her and I could be having delusions when I'm asleep. On the contrary, many of my past dealings with Jade were a bit unusual anyways so maybe the dream was real? I dunno. Regardless, I still don't understand why I haven't thought of directly asking Jade where to find her when I wake? That would have made everything easier. Oh well.. I guess I really need the necklace to find her. 

Yes, I need to find it before anyone else does.

Even before Joy...

Because Joy is hiding something! I don't fully trust my new friend but I still think it's fair to give her a chance to prove herself. She saved my life in the past and I could use an ally since Ate Linda is not well. 

Speaking of my cousin, she's on top of my list tied with the necklace or Jade. I mean to take care of Ate Linda until she recovers. Family first. 

Oh Wait...

I almost forgot about Migoy.

I hope it's true that the soldiers let him go. I may be mad at him but I don't want him dead, he's still my brother afterall and I hope that he'll make something out of his life someday. Anyways, he's changed. I guess Migoy is really not a kid anymore. The little brother I once vowed to protect is all grown up and is making his own life choices. Poor choices maybe, but his own. And I don't know if I could forgive him for letting his friends kill my Tatay. As for me, I won't be chasing after him anymore. If he wants to come home, he needs to choose it. 

That's it then. I'm gonna check on Ate Linda first, then I'm off to find the necklace which will then lead me to my Jade.

I rose up and wore my shoes. 

At the other side of the tent was the entrance. It was the Operating Room. I found the door ajar and peeked inside. There's no one there. They must have taken Ate Linda back to the big tent.