Chapter 20 Octavia

She pulled Finn aside, behind the dropship where it was completely vacant. Octavia stared into Finns eyes, and he stared back into hers. His face had 'I'm sorry' Written all over it. 

"Look, I didn't know she was still alive...I thought the Ark was dead...it's been almost a month and a half, who wouldn't think their dead?" Finn asked, grasping her shoulders. Octavia quickly shunned away, holding herself while shaking her head. 

"but you had hope...before she came you had ideas of contacting the Ark, you hoped they were alive...But I understand..you needed someone down here, someone who will stay at your side and stay with you no matter where you go...that person was me. Hell, you shot a kid. You needed some sort of detachment to reality...And I don't blame you for it..Now lets forget this little silly phase of you and me being together, and focus on what is important." Octavia gave half a smile, and so did Finn. She knew that she and him could move past this silly little relationship thing. Hopefully. 

"Did you hear what happened to Bellamy?" Finn asked, tilting his head. Octavia shrugged, blinking a couple times. 

"Yeah, Dane went crazy and tried to kill him, claiming that if he was willing to shoot the chancellor, he is just as willing to kill one of us, which is bogus because Bellamy  shot Jaha for me. I didn't ask for it..but he wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for that."

"yeah, and Alexandra blew off Danes eye, then he ran into the woods. We couldn't find him...I think he just ran away for good." Finn sighed. 

"Good, something we don't have to worry about, if hes gone, hes gone..." Octavia added, cracking her knuckles. 

"yeah, we have to worry about this whole thing between me and Wells...I don't hate the guy, I just hate his plans..he thinks it is really smart to start killing off random Grounders with his guns? That has to be the most foolish thing I have heard all my life!" Finn crossed his arm, rolling his eyes and huffing off a few breaths. Octavia patted his shoulder. 

"We will fix that too...Now come on...we are going to launch the flares soon..." Octavia spun around, and walked out from behind the Dropship, The whole camp seemed busy. Raven was making some final adjustments on the flares rockets. Bellamy was seen, still tied up, in the corner of the camp. Alyson was getting some water with a pail from a well they've managed to make. Alexandra was sharpening some knives. Olivia, a friend of Dane, was seen organizing rows of rifles and shotguns. And Wells, was giving a speech, really reminding Octavia of his father, the chancellor of the Ark. Wells seems to think he was the Chancellor of Earth. 

                                                    _________________________________

A loud crackle rang out, as the flares launched off the launchers, flying up towards the pitch black sky, their bright purple colors leaving a trail of luminescent colors in its path. More shot up, and even more. And before the camp knew it, the whole sky was filled with trails, leading beyond the skyline, to space. Octavia was curled up in an orange blanket, really not paying much attention to the gorgeous colors. The whole camp was though, as they crowded around Raven, asking her to fire more, and more. And she did. Octavia just sat at the edge of camp, staring from the camp walls into the woods. Bellamy walked up beside her, patting her shoulder. She twisted around to see him, as she smiled softly, he hugged her immensely before breaking away. 

"I thought you are suppose to be tied up over there in the corner?" Octavia asked quizzically, still smiling though. Bellamy shrugged, leaning against her. 

"Chancellor junior says that now they have actual firearms, I am free to roam camp, just as long as I don't flee...If I do that, I'll be shot on sight." Bellamy rolled his eyes, looking as if he didn't care for Octavia's rules. 

"Are you okay from last night? Did Dane hurt you worse then I was told?" Octavia tiled her head as well, her bright almond brown eyes glistening. Bellamy shook his head, leaning against the walls. 

"No...He didn't, I'm fine, O. I just hope this all turns out well...Wells seems pretty eager to blow a Grounders head off with those guns. So does Eugene." Bellamy spoke lowly, locking onto Octavia's eyes. 

"I hope this all just ends well too. If not, we are all going to be dead." Octavia spoke seriously, before turning back to face the dark woods. Bellamy didn't say another word, he just walked back to the crowd, the crowd that was watching the flares launch. Octavia sat away, continuing to watch the woods, some sections of it glowing in the dark. Something about it intriguing her. It was so fascinating, it made her eyes widen. They weren't lying on the Ark. Earth is truly a prized jewel.