Chapter Six

When the glowing yellow sun kisses the horizon, the sky morphs into an ombre of pink and orange hues

When the glowing yellow sun kisses the horizon, the sky morphs into an ombre of pink and orange hues. The wind rustles through the plant leaves and the smell of jasmine wafts through the air. Taking a deep breath, I admire how the remaining rays of sunlight makes my engagement ring sparkle.

It's the simplistic beauty that captivates my mind, throwing me into an awe of wonder. I take in the view of the backyard, then look towards the house and smile. It still baffles me to how Blake could ever be mine, yet here we are, a wedding to plan and a future to chase.

The sliding door opens and I swing around and find Tori holding London's hand. She tugs away from Tori and bolts towards me.

"Hey Lo." I smile.

She takes a little leap and springs into my awaiting arms. I place her on my lap and wrap my arms around her tiny body. Kissing the top of her head, I tickle her sides to make London giggle.

"How's my favourite baby girl been?" 

London screeches in a fit of giggles before flopping in my arms. Her cheeks are bright red and her eyes are vibrant with happiness.

"We made chocolate muffins." She smiles with pride.

"Did you just?" I gasp. "And where is mine?"

"I ated them." She giggles.

"You ate them all? You cheeky little girl!"

I pick London up and walk towards the house. Tori steps inside and places London's backpack on the table. I place London on the ground and chase after her. She squeals as she races towards her room.

"Hey, you're forgetting something my little cupcake thief."

London stops at the hallway door, then glances over her shoulder. Her eyes follow me over to the table, then smile when I hold her bag up. She races back to the table and gently takes it from my hand.

"Tank you." She gins.

London races off, leaving Tori and I alone. The ring feels heavy on my finger and everything a little more awkward. Tori and I were friends when I was pregnant, but we've somehow worked our way backwards. Maybe it was my fault? I pushed everyone away after his death.

"So, how'd she go, anything new?" 

"Nope, we just had a quiet couple of days."

"Oh, that sounds nice." I smile.

"How was the mini-break for you?"

I kind of wish she'd leave my house, but she continues to linger around with questions. Leaning towards the table, I rest beside the chair and tug on a bright smile.

"Fabulous, actually." As I place my hands on my hip, Tori gasps with surprise.

"You're wearing a ring, did Blake propose to you?" Tori is riddled with shock, so much, I wonder if I should be offended. Even I knew it was bounded to happen sooner or later, we do have a house together.