Chapter Twenty-Six

Blake removes clothes from the bag while I shove more into it

Blake removes clothes from the bag while I shove more into it. I don't know how he can only want the exact amount of outfits. What if you spill something on a shirt or don't like the outfit you've packed for that day?

He takes my hand and tugs me to his chest. Blake's arm slips around my waist and I press my head against his chest. I sigh at how comfortable and warm it is and how I want to stay like this forever.

"Trust me, I don't need five pairs of underwear or six shirts. I'm only gone for a couple of days unless you're trying to tell me something else?" His lips brush against my forehead and his chest rumbles with laughter.

"I'm sorry! I just want you to be prepared and maybe I am going a little overboard with the packing. I going to miss you and I hate that we're spending time apart. Who the heck decided that should be a thing?" I grumble.

Blake's arms squeeze my waist and the air in my lungs is pushed out. I nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck and wrap my arms around his body.

"I'll miss you too! I hope you enjoy the time with the girls and soon enough, I'll see you at our wedding and then nobody is going to force us to be apart."

"Mm, I hope time moves quickly."

"Same here." He chuckles.

    He gently cups my cheek and brings our lips together. I weave my fingers through his soft hair and sigh with content. Blake's hands trail down my body and then squeeze my hips. One hand slides up my back and into my hair.

    Blake nips my lower lip and groans. His forehead presses against mine and he pouts. I peck his lips and giggle.

"We should go back to packing otherwise I might be missing something important. I would love to throw you on this bed, though."

"There from me and you did say I was over packing." I wink.

"If we quickly pack then." He smirks.

"If you packed last night, like I suggested, then we could be making better use of this time."

His shoulders slump forward and he groans.

"I'll grab the toiletries." I laugh.

"Thanks."

He plonks onto the bed and repacks his things while I gather the toiletries. He shoves the plastic bag in and forces the zip shut. Our eyes meet and he tugs on a small smile.

    "I love you, have fun but not too much fun."

    "I'll probably spend the whole time missing you." I pout.

    Blake squishes my cheek with his thumb and kisses my forehead.

    "Don't fall in love with anyone else while you're away."

    "You know I could never do that." He chuckles.

    Blake swings the bags strap over his shoulder and tugs me in for another hug. I squeeze him to my chest and nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck. I inhale a deep breath and take a step back.