Chapter Thirty

Blake's lips trail across my neck as his arms wrap around my waist

Blake's lips trail across my neck as his arms wrap around my waist. I shove my elbow into his body but that doesn't stop him from tugging on me. I turn to the side and shake my head. His pouts and his green eyes swirl with sadness.

"We're not sneaking anywhere because there's a room full of people waiting for us."

"If we don't sneak away now, then we won't be able to later."

"Once tonight is over, we have a whole two weeks to relax and enjoy ourselves. Can't you wait a few more hours?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No." He shakes his head. "I can't wait another second."

"I'm sorry you feel that way." I frown.

    "We could tell them we were stuck in traffic, if that's what you're worried about."

    "There's delicious food, and it's calling my name."

Blake squeezes my hand and shakes his head.

"Welp, how could I be so silly? Come on, let's do this."

"Thank you!" I sing. "I promise to make it up to you."

"Oh, do you?" He smirks.

"Yes, Mr. Rivers." I giggle.

Blake slips his phone out of his pocket and sighs.

"Since we're on time, they'll be announcing us any second now."

"Thank goodness! Any longer and you might drag me away from the food."

He shakes his head and frowns.

    "Announcing Mr and Mrs. Rivers." The doors open and music booms as we walk out.

    We cross the dance floor and Blake swirls me around, which causes the crowd to cheer with excitement. His arm circles around my waist and he guides me to the bridal table.

    Kyle pushes the plush chair out and I slide onto it. Blake moves my dress to the side and takes a seat. Nora and Ben are to Blake's left while Kyle and Charlotte are to my right.

"Thank you for joining us tonight to celebrate the marriage of Mr. and Mrs. Rivers. We're going to kick start the reception with a speech from the best man, Kyle."

Kyle jumps to his feet and buttons his tux as he wanders onto the dance floor. He squirms under people's gaze but he keeps his shoulders back and head high.

"Don't worry, I made sure my speech would fit in so nobody is waiting to eat their food because I know the bride is starving."

    "Thank you, Kyle," I shout.

    "Ava and I have been best friends our whole lives, and so, I suffered through their love story. It started with Ava peeking over her locker door pretending she wasn't staring at Blake, to babysitting and eventually dating." Kyle shoves his hand into his pocket and smiles. "I'm happy my best friend found someone I approve of because things might have been awkward! Anyways, I wish you two a wonderful night and a happy life."