Chapter Twenty-Nine

London races into the marquee and leaps into my waiting arms

    London races into the marquee and leaps into my waiting arms. She clings to my silk robe as I stand up and kiss her cheek. Angela zips the flap closed and wanders over with a smile.

    "Most of the guests are here, but most importantly, Blake is waiting at the altar for you."

    "We'll change and then I can finally get hitched!"

    "Tori apologised for being late, but-"

    "Don't worry! Nobody, including Tori, will prevent this day from being awesome."

    "Yes, that's right." Angela nods.

    "Can you find my mother? I need to see her."

    "Of course." She nods.

    Angela slips out of the marquee while I wander over to the clothing rack. I grab London but she clings to my body and nuzzles her face into the crook of my neck.

    "Aw, baby, what's wrong?" I stroke her back.

    "Mm," she grumbles.

    "Tell me what's wrong! I thought you wanted to be my special flower girl? You're going to look beautiful in this dress and Dad will be so happy when he sees you."

    "I'm scared." She sobs. "There are too many peoples out there."

    "Can you keep a secret?"

    London leans back and a slender blonde eyebrow is raised. Her curious blue eyes search mine, and so I smile, even though I'm freaking out too.

    "Yes." She nods. "What is the secret?"

    "Well, I'm scared too!"

    "No." She gasps.

    "Yes, I am." I nod.

    "Can we hide? I do that when I am scared."

    "No, because today is very important! Do you know what I do when I'm scared?"

    "What?"

    "I ask for help. Can you help me?"

    "Maybe."

    "Maybe?" I poke her stomach. "How about yes?"

    London howls with laughter as I keep poking her stomach. She grabs my hand and nods.

    "Yes, yes, yes!" she screams.

    "I need you to walk down the aisle with me."

    "What about Aunty Char? Does she not need me?"

    "Aunty Charlotte will be fine." I smile. "So, can you do that for me?"

    "Yes." She nods.