Chapter Thirteen

Blake's arms tighten around my body as I snuggle into his side

Blake's arms tighten around my body as I snuggle into his side. He gently brushes his fingertips over the tender skin on my arm. The light touch sends goosebumps trickling through me.

"Please don't tickle me, I'm sleepy," I mumble.

"We need to get up and dressed," he replies.

"No." I wrap my arms and legs around Blake, forcing him to stay in place.

He chuckles, then easily breaks out of my weak hold. I sigh with dismay as I watch him climb out of bed. Although, he looks pretty damn good with the sunlight trickling in through the cracks of the curtain.

"Don't make me drag you out of this bed," he sternly comments.

"You'd probably enjoy that." I poke my tongue out.

"I would indeed." Blake nods.

He swiftly lifts the blanket up and tosses it to the vacant side. Blake grabs my ankles, then yanks me towards him. My bottom slides over the end of the bed and he wraps my legs around his waist.

"Cheeky," I comment.

Blake looms above me, a bright mischievous smile plastered on his face. His arms slide under my back and I'm lifted into the air. I hook my arms around his neck to secure myself to his body.

"We've got time before we need to be at the venue viewing," he says.

"Okay, fine, but if we're late, it's your fault."

"I'm okay with that." Blake shrugs his shoulders.

As he walks to the bathroom, I hear the rattling sound of the front door being opened. He freezes mid-stride in favour of placing me on the ground. I'm pushed behind his back as he creeps towards our bedroom door.

"If they're still asleep, I'm going to jump on them," Kyle says.

Blake roughly exhales, then turns to face me. The frown on his face says it all.

"Whose idea was it to give him a key to our house?" he asks.

"Ops, I thought it would be a good idea." I nibble on my lower lip.

"You jump in the shower, I'll start on breakfast. If I catch you in bed, you're not getting bacon and eggs," he threatens.

"Harsh, Blake, harsh." I sigh.

Without another word, Blake leaves the bedroom and I head to the shower. The thought of crispy bacon plays on my mind as I go through the motions of stripping out of my comfortable pyjamas.

The warm water is enough to shake the sleepiness from my body, only to then leave me starving for food.

I step out of the shower, quickly dry and then rummage through my wardrobe for something to wear. I end up dressing in a pair of jeans and a comfortable t-shirt.