Chapter Ten

Blake wraps his arm around my waist, dragging me back to him

Blake wraps his arm around my waist, dragging me back to him. I close the remaining space as I linger closer to his lips. Rolling onto the tips of my toes, I gently peck his lips. Blake cups my cheek, holding me in place. As we subtly part, I see the shimmer of happiness in his green eyes.

"I love you. I'm sorry I couldn't come to dinner."

"It's fine, Ben needs you more and besides, I'll see you later tonight." I smile.

"Hmm, yes." He nods. "Take a deep breath and avoid letting the stress consume you."

"You know me, I like to be drowning in stress and problems. I don't think I can function without it."

Blake chuckles as he shakes his head. He kisses my forehead.

I collect my handbag and head to the front door. Blake races down the hallway with a cardboard box in hand.

"More stuff for the car."

"Well, have fun and please don't hurt yourself with moving the stuff."

"I can handle moving a few boxes to Tori's house." He chuckles.

"Right." I nod.

He tosses the box into the back seat while I jump into the car. As I wave goodbye, I notice the sparkly ring on my finger. The sight of the ring brings a small smile to my lips.

When I arrive at my parent's house, I slip out of the car and walk to the front door. As I do, I see the lights from another car pulling into the driveway. I peer closer and realise its Angela's car. She quickly jumps out and waves me over.

"Hey Ava, can you please help me with my stuff?"  

"Sure, what did you bring?"  

As I walk around the car, I notice the pile of magazines and a cooler bag. She passes me the cooler bag, then grabs the lump of bridal magazines. I close the car door and then race ahead. The front door is already unlocked, so I hold the door open.

She heads into the dining room while I walk to the kitchen. I place the cooler on the bench and then detour to the dining room. The pair huddle beside the table as they glance at the magazines.

"I should have known free food meant more wedding planning." I laugh.

"Wedding dresses are the hardest part of the wedding and some take forever to be made. So, we need to get a jump on finding the perfect dress for you," Mum explains.

"Just know that I'm still hurt."

I take a seat at the table and allow them to shove picture after picture in my direction. For the dresses I like, I rip the page out and move to the next.

Eventually, Dad walks out of the kitchen with a tray of lasagna and a bowl of salad. He places it in the middle of the table, then walks straight out of the room.