Chapter Twenty-Seven

Charlotte races into the bedroom and frowns

Charlotte races into the bedroom and frowns. She places her hands on her hips and taps her foot against the floor. I roll over and nuzzle my face into the squishy pillow. The blanket provides a nice layer of warmth which makes me sigh with content. There's nothing she can say that'll make me leave this bed.

"Why the hell are you still in bed? Everyone is going to be arriving soon and you aren't dress!"

"Because I'm super comfortable in bed. I think it's the after affects of the spa day. This is so good, I thought I wasn't going to stop stressing about the wedding."

"If you don't get dressed, you're not coming to dinner, and we won't be bringing leftovers."

"That's so mean." I pout.

"Get dressed otherwise you're going to be in so much trouble!"

She storms out of the room and I burst into laughter. I haven't been scolded like that in a very long time. Ugh, thank goodness I live with Blake now.

    I muster up some strength and climb out of bed. The warm blankets look comfortable but my stomach rumbles with hunger. I could do with a smorgasbord of food about three hours ago.

    Nora wanders into the room with a small smile.

    "Hey Ava, I'm supposed to help you get ready."

    "Don't worry, I don't need a babysitter. I realised I'm hungry and now I feel motivated to leave the house and maybe apply some makeup."

    "That's a mood." She laughs.

    Nora sits on the bed while I wander into the bathroom. I splash water on my face and try it with a hand towel. I apply moisturizer before digging out my bag of makeup from under the sink. Eyeshadow and lipstick should be enough.

    I collect the makeup I want and leap onto the bed. Nora raises an eyebrow and I hold up the bag and smile.

    "I'm still getting ready, just in comfort."

    I slide under the covers and open the eyeshadow pallet. She watches as I dust a sparkly brown over my eyelids. I snap it shut and move onto the mascara.

"Is that all you're doing?" She gasps.

"I'm applying mascara and lipstick."

"What about foundation, highlighter,  false eyelashes, eyebrow gel and all that other stuff?"

"Some highlighter would be nice because sparkles makes everything good." I nod.

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe you're not wearing makeup."

"I'm wearing enough besides, my fiance isn't even going to be there."

    "You're already comfortable and you're not even married!"