Chapter 2 Octavia

The long sword swung, and she dodged, leaping forward with her sword, swinging and knocking the opponents sword out of his hand, falling to the grassy ground. The Grounder looked astonished that Octavia beat him, his eyes were wide, and his jaw was drooping. The teens around Octavia cheered, holding her hand up in victory. Octavia smiled widely, her smile soon transitioning into a subtle frown, once she spotted Finn and Raven, across the camp, the two sitting down together, Finn kissing her gracefully. Octavia glanced down at the ground, sighing. Once the crowd left, Octavia was way to tired to train anymore, so she just wandered into the Dropship, and sat down at the edge of a cot, throwing on a button-up dark faded blue sweater. It was a bit to big for her, but she didn't mind, it was roomy. Octavia was about to lay down and take a nap, but the sound of someones ongoing cries and whaling, kept her up. Her eyes scanned around the Dropship, and she spotted the source of the noise. Jasper. The boy whose friend, Monty, got killed by that beast thing, on the second day on Earth. Octavia's frown deepened, as she wondered what he was crying about. Perhaps he misses his friend? She began to feel a tad bit bad. 

"Hey." Octavia called out from across the Dropship. Jasper was curled up in a ball in the corner. He lifted himself up on his knees, and glared at Octavia. His face was red, his eyes looked powdery, and tears were streaming down his cheeks. "Y-You okay, Jasper?" Octavia asked worriedly. Jasper sniffled, shaking his head, as he curled his knees up to his chest, and rested against the side walls. Octavia rose upon her heels, and trekked right over to him, crouching down to his eye level, and placing a hand on his right shoulder. 

"Whats wrong?" Octavia queried, looking a bit concerned. He wasn't as joyful as he was on the first day. Probably because he lost Monty. octavia couldn't imagine losing a friend because she never had one. the only person close to a best friend was Bellamy. She probably couldn't understand all the pain and degradation he was processing. Octavia couldn't even visualize losing Bellamy, it would tear her apart. Jasper peeked back up from his knees to met Octavia's eyes. 

"M-My friend..I-I miss him...It's going to be forty-five days, tomorrow..." Jasper whined, scrunching his lips and chin up, as tears continued to roll down his cheeks. He looked like a mess, and reeked in that awful vodka Eugene drinks. Octavia had a firm look, as she gaped at him deeply. 

"Maybe there is something we can do...you know, as a final goodbye..." Octavia spoke in a low tone, so her voice can soothe Jasper's cries. Jasper shrugged, wiping his eyes on the edge of his hand. 

"Well, what do you t-think would b-be a suitable thing to do?" He stuttered. 

"My Mother once told me when I was a child, a good way to say goodbye, is visiting that persons resting ground. She told me that is what the people of Earth use to do, before the cataclysm. Visit the graves of those they loved." Octavia half smiled, rising up. 

"I..I actually would like that...We all buried everyone in one specific area, south." Jasper riposted, sniffling. "C-can you come with me? I don't want to go alone!" 

"Of course! We can pack some snacks, and maybe have a fire while we are gone...it's good to get out of camp for some time away from everyone. Who knows, maybe you and I's friendship will expand, and I can be your new best friend." Octavia's half smile altered into a full smile. Jasper gave it all he could as he gave a half smile and a shrug, rising up. Octavia grabbed a handbag off the ground and began loading some nutrition packs and bottles of water in it. Jasper just stood there, he looked pretty shy to Octavia. He kept his hands behind his back, and his eyes on the ground. Octavia remembered how happy and excited he was on the first day, how joy-filled he was. It made saddened her to see a exhilarating mind turn deduct into something suffering over PTSD. Once Octavia filled the bag up with everything they needed, she was about to step out of the Dropship when jasper grabbed her arm. 

"Wait! We need a gun!" He warned, his eyes wide. Octavia tilted her head, and shot him a quizzical look. 

"A Gun? Why on earth would we need a gun, No Grounders will harm us!" Octavia claimed. But then she began to think of all the other dangers aside from grounders. That large beast thing, The Ice Nation, Rogue Grounders, Reapers...The possibilities of why they need a gun is endless. "Alright, I guess I'll pick a handgun up at the weapons crate on the way out, now come on." The two exited the Dropship, obtained their handgun then exited camp, on their way to the graves where the original members of the hundred bodies rest.