Chapter 20 Octavia

Octavia walked through a door, entering The Ark. Hearing claps and humming noises, as a slow symphony unwound behind a few walls. The boy she met, Parker, lead her through a few rooms, before she finally reached the main room. A room she recognized from when she was on The Ark. The main hall. The continuous claps erupted, as music played. Dozens of clusters of people surrounded one another, their eyes wide, as they gazed up to a stand. A stand, that the Chancellor was walking up to. Octavia shuffled through the crowd, no one seemingly noticing her, she managed to slip by, arriving at the front of the crowd. It wasn't Jaha. It was someone new. A man, Black beard, dark hair, and the official chancellors pin fastened on the right side of his uniform. 

"And The Chain man sang in a sigh, I feel like going home.." The music's artist sang, A sense of dread filling Octavia up, as she eyed this ferocious looking man. Everyone seemed to cheer when he walked out to the stand, fastening his shirt cuffs, as he cupped the microphone in his hand. 

"We are home. Earth. For almost an entire century, our people wasted away in space, living off the descendants supplies, clothes, and homes.." The new Chancellor spoke boldly, as the dozens of people continued to cheer around Octavia. 

"And the Dokhtar fell, holding the shell of her child, and said I feel like going on." The music continued. Octavia wondered where it was coming from so loudly, as she noticed the speakers it was streaming out from. The music made this whole situation seem a whole lot edgier and scarce. 

"But now, we don't have to perform drastic measures now, we can live, as those who use to roam these grounds, Our ancestors! Together, we can all start a new society, finding those who we lost, and finding those who are new in our lives. I, Chancellor Davis, Pronounce today, to be our new Unity Day! Today, is the day of remembrance, for we are home, we made it!" The Chancellor rose a fist in the air, as everyone gladly smiled, some cheering as others managed to wipe the smudges of ash and soil off their faces. 

"While the Captors Boast, On how they lower your costs, the rich men gamble at the foot of the cross..

"Six hours ago, we sent seven teams of eight out to go and search for the hundred. Hopefully we can relocate where the dropship landed, and bring them home! Former Chancellor Jaha was apart of one of those teams. I just want to say without his encouragement, I could never have taken the place of Chancellor, he taught me, and showed me, what it meant to be a leader...Long live, this camp, which I dub, Camp Jaha!" New found Chancellor Davis raised his fist up once more, and the cheers began again. 

"We're your careless mistakes...We're the spirits you raised...We are what remains..." Octavia's vision suddenly felt so blurry, as she tried her best to remain her stance, she felt grief and pity and fear, and a lot of other emotions wash over her. They don't know that there are others lurking on Earth. They just sent seven teams of people out to search for the hundred, people that probably aren't even armed. Octavia didn't know what to do. She turned around to see Parker clapping his hands, smiling, and cheering for Chancellor Davis. Octavia grasped his hand, pulling him off all the way to the side of the room. 

"What happened to Chancellor Jaha?" Octavia asked first, wanting to know who this Bozo was. 

"After Chancellor Jaha got shot, Chancellor Davis took the chair as Chancellor for a while, until Jaha fully recovered. Once Jaha recovered, he allowed Chancellor Davis to continue being Chancellor, and taught him all the statistics and crap.." Parker said averagely, rolling his eyes at Octavia as if he were annoyed. Octavia grit her teeth, shaking her head as her vision lowered. 

"Alright, whatever..just-look, We are not alone." Octavia spoke seriously, her eyes flashing. 

"And one by one, they made the ants march down, down into the killing fields, and I know more then one place, where you might never come back.." The music went on, as a simple piece of background sounds, as the foreground sounds were Octavia speaking sternly with Parker. 

"Yeah, I know we are not alone..there are other people in the room with us...whats wrong with you, Octavia?" Parker asked, eyeing her as if she had two heads. His cock eyed expression made her grunt and curl her fingers up. 

"No, you imbecile! There are other people on Earth!" Octavia claimed. She didn't say it loudly, not wanting to draw attention, she felt it would be smart to alarm Chancellor Davis about this first before the clusters of civilians. But she just had to tell Parker, something to keep him aware. 

"If you show how you really feel, But there's a brand new show, for you to watch today, so all the western eyes, can look one way..."

"Yeah right...Bullcrap." Parker chuckled to himself. His expression said it all, he didn't believe her one bit. She gave him another stern glance before reaching in her pack, sliding out a sword, a tad smaller then the Grounders. 

"The Grounders gave me this...Believe me now kiddo?" Octavia asked. Parker nodded immediately, his face turned from an amused sneer grimace, to a flat cold frown. 

"W-Whoa..your friends with them?" 

"Lets not get into detail..I have to speak about the Chancellor, alarm him about the dangers on this planet.." Octavia turned, about to go find Chancellor Davis, who just deserted the stage about a minute ago, when Parker grabbed Octavia's arm. 

"Wait! C-Can I help?" 

"I don't care! Come on.." The two began a strut through the crowd, going about their ways, searching for Chancellor Davis, needing to alarm him that they aren't the only settlers on this planet. Beware of the dangers that lay ahead. 

"We're your careless mistakes...We're the spirits you raised...We are what remains.."

(SONG: Remains By Algiers)