Chapter 19 Bellamy

He sat at the edge of the bed. His chin rested on his knuckles, and his legs straight. The door opened slowly, and Alyson entered the room, bearing a plateful of some fruits. One looked extremely familiar, as if Bellamy saw it before, and he did. it was the same fruit, that Ivor fed him. The father of the boy Finn shot. He remember the delicious tangerine-like fruit, its mouthwatering citrus drew Bellamy in, as when Alyson passed by him, he stole it off the plate playfully, taking a small chomp. A Fissel it was called. Alyson half smiled, as she perched down on the edge of the bed, right aside Bellamy. Bellamy chewed a mouthful of the fruit, a small droplet of the citrus trickling down his chin. Alyson wiped the small droplet of citrus, smiling at him fully. He smiled as well, soon motioning his face towards the other direction of the room. 

"We're going to war." Bellamy spoke plainly. The two became silence, not a word between them. Alyson rested the plateful of fruit down on her right side, using her hands to rest on Bellamy. He felt a tinge of sadness, he knew Clarke wasn't running things right, he should have known she would drag her people into something like this, just to suck up to the Grounders. 

"yes, We're going to war..But it is for a good cause. The Grounders say we will be facing their biggest enemy yet. Their biggest enemy, may have been their biggest problem. Eliminating the enemy will be eliminating the problem...We may have to slaughter hundreds of warriors, sent to kill us, but at least we are doing it for them, proving ourselves." Alyson's words hit Bellamy like a punch. He half agreed with her, and half didn't. He honestly didn't know what he felt. He began to feel as if he were going mad right here. Lately, he has been enduring mixed emotions for everyone. He didn't understand what was happening, he just felt sad all the time, the only happiness which enlightened him, was Alyson's warming smile. 

"Alright. Sorry for arguing with Clarke, I shouldn't have done it in front of you...I probably shouldn't have done it at all. I just--...right now, I don't feel the same, I feel depressed...I am stressing out always! Like nothing ever feels the same again, the pressure of things are beginning to go in depth.." Bellamy returned his gaze to Alyson's eye level, she wasn't smiling anymore. 

"PTSD." She uttered ordinarily, leaning against Bellamy's right side. "You've been through so much...so much pain, so much loss..your just stressed out over everything, thinking you can fix everything, when you can't..I feel the same way...In a sense, I think we all do. Even Clarke." The two leaned against each other, as the evening sun shone through the half opened windows, curtains covering the unopened part. There was a section just large enough, for a beam of sunlight to crack right through, forming a spotlight on Bellamy and Alyson. Bellamy began to feel grief, and guilt. He didn't know why, he doesn't know what is right, and what is wrong anymore. He feels so broken. The things he experienced. The people that died. He crossed his arms, sniffling, as droplets of tears slowly swam down his cheeks. He was tired of it all, all the death and pain, war. he thought this peace would be a chance to prevent war, not make one.

 Alyson's warming arms coiled around him fully, as her lips met with his in the middle. His eyes were half opened, noticing that she was crying as well. The two broken souls sat there wailing on, and bawling on. Bellamy's tears stopped as he realized how close he was to Alyson. How she is his girlfriend, how she is his mate.  Finally, someone who understood who he is, and where he came from, his pain and loss. He loved her, he didn't admit it, but he did. And in a secretive way, he could tell she loved him as well. the two collided, going for another round, as she slid his shirt off, kissing him gracefully. The two ignited their love, their ongoing sources of inspiration burning like the flickering candles around them, except their love was different from the candles. Their love will never burn out.