Chapter 16 Octavia

Her head was killing her. Literally, she thought she had an aneurysm of some sort, that's how much the pain was killing her. She supposes it probably is just a incredibly strong headache. But whatever it is, it was extremely painful. She had only gotten about three hours of sleep prior last night. Jasper taking his own life was on her mind that night. All she could think about was her friends final words, a large crackle ringing out, and his then lifeless body dropping down to the soil. As of right now, she is trekking through the morning woods. 

The beautiful sunlight glimmering down on her, and simple breezes passing by gracefully. She set out about an hour ago, in search of the station that has fallen nearest to her. She knew she was close, but she couldn't find a thing, other then some wreckage parts, and large amounts of ash, sprinkled on top of the trees. She had her sword drawn (the exact sword she used for training back at the Dropship), and a worried flat expression plaiting her face. She wasn't willing to take the pistol Jasper used, she felt it wasn't right. 

As she walked, she noticed the sky begin to darken suddenly, as huge storm clouds shifted over the alluring sun. What was a beautiful morning, transitioned into dark skies, and hazy droplets of rain beginning to fall. Octavia knew the sky was just spitting some droplets down, nothing extreme. As the rain continued to fall, she noticed something creeping through a crack of trees. She also noticed a large amount of smoke rising up on the other side of those trees. Her heart felt as if it tightened into a knot, as she pursed her lips, running forward, crossing the treeline, running out into a clearing. Her pursed lips expanded into a smile, as her eyes widened. There it was. She couldn't believe it. A huge chunk of the ark. It was spread across the plains, many miles of pure wreckage. Octavia could tell it wasn't the full Ark, just one station among the many. 

Down a small hill she went, walking through the wreckage. Pieces of scrap metal, large chunks of wreckage stuck between tree knots, even bodies, were all found as she explored the remains. Some chunks were burnt to a crisp, while others were rooted in the ground. Finally, she spotted someone. A boy. He had ginger hair, and was leaned back against a pile of wreckage. Octavia had her sword drawn, but didn't point it at him, she just stared, before finally speaking up. 

"Uh..E-Excuse me?" She whispered. The boy slowly turned his head, meeting her gaze. He stared at her a minute, before quickly jumping upon his heels, backing up. 

"W-Who're you!?" He panicked, curling his fingers up into a fist. Octavia didn't blame him for overreacting. She was covered in blood, mud, and soil, while her clothes were half ripped and torn, while other halves just clung to her skin, due to the stickiness of the dried mud. 

"My name is Octavia." She said, sliding her sword back into her holder, raising her hands, proving she was defenseless. "I am apart of the hundred. The hundred teenagers sent to earth, by the Ark..Last night, I saw The Ark fall, and rushed over it as soon as I can..D-Did any others make it!?" Octavia inquired, her hands still raised. The boy continued to give her peculiar looks, nodding. 

"Yeah...Other people made it...T-they are all inside..I was suppose to keep watch to see if any of you people made it..you know, from the hundred...My name is Parker." He stepped forth, extending his hand out, loosening his palms, expecting a handshake. 

"Nice to meet you, Parker." Octavia shook it, her vision falling to the soil, then rising back up to meet his gaze. "..I have questions..Questions you probably aren't capable of answering, so bring me to the chancellor." Octavia demanded. Parker shrugged, beginning a slow stride, through what appeared to be a path that the Arker's managed to make within their twelve hour stay on Earth. Octavia still couldn't believe that the Ark was actually here. It felt as if a dream had came to life. Now they have access to supplies, medication, more food then the Grounders have been providing. 

Things will finally lighten up. The only problem is, what will the Guards and Chancellor do, when they see Bellamy? he was the one who in fact shot the chancellor from the start, that is why he is on Earth. Octavia was worried for his life, and his fate. He is her brother, but she can't protect him every second of the day. Hopefully these people understand where Octavia is coming from with her words. Hopefully.