Chapter 6 Wells

The cell door opened. And Wells' and Ameko's head turned right towards it. It was Karlina. The Grounder girl who held Wells hostage a few weeks ago, when he was struggling to escape that damn prison. They weren't there no more, they were relocated to the Grounder Capitol. They were in a large skyscraper, the only one that stands in the Capitol, is what Ameko says. Karlina entered the cell, wearing a new set of attire. A fur-like coat, and a pair of mountain boots with dark pants. 

"Ameko of the Plain-Riders, your time here is up. You have served your year sentence, and is now allowed to return back to your people. The Commander is having a Rider escort you out from The Capitol, and into the Plains...If you ever dare think of stealing from our people, the penalty will be death." karlina spoke, giving Ameko enough room to squeeze by out from the cells. She winked at Wells as she made her way out. Karlina's vision rested on Wells, the only one left in the cell. "Wells, the commander would like to speak to you."

"Wha-why?" Wells asked subtly. He felt like a child, wearing what he was wearing. The Grounders pilfered his clothing, and in exchange, gave him these rags. they say when his ninety days are up, they'll return his items. 

"She wants to discuss certain matters of you and your peoples fate, considering your leader Clarke hasn't arrived yet...Now come on." Karlina opened the door up fully. Wells got up immediately, and walked out to the hall. he didn't see what the other interiors of the building were like other then his cell, since they brought him here unconscious. The halls weren't as nice as the marble flooring from the prison. Karlina gripped Wells shoulder, and lead him down the halls, cell doors spread out on each side of him. 

"You people are real big fans of cells, huh?" he joked. 

"Quiet." Karlina grumbled. Wells rolled his eyes and sighed, as they entered a large room. The room was big, an had many windows on the direction the doors were facing. Outside the windows, you saw the lands stretching far and wide, Mountains crumpled up behind large rolls of hills, the miniature houses below the skyscrapers exterior. Wells couldn't believe how beautiful it looked. But he got his mind off the windows, and focused on what was in front of the windows. The throne women, Commander Lexa. She was sat upright in her chair, which was crafted from a tree, extending its miniature branches up towards the ceiling. Wells gulped, as he eyed Lexa, straight into her eyes. They were a greenish bluish tint. Two guards stood beside her thrown. Ajax, who shaved his beard and head completely. He was bald and had no facial hair, which made his appearance somewhat more haunting. And an African American dark skinned women, who stood on Lexa's left side. She had short hair, and was incredibly slim. 

"Ajax, Indra, Karlina. Leave me and Wells of Skaikru alone at once." Lexa spoke highly, as the group dispersed, not questioning Lexa one bit. Once they left, an eerie silence swept among them. lexa was fiddling with what looked like a blade, an incredibly pointy looking one. "Tell me Wells, what do you desire more in life? Friendship? Strength? Love?" Wells gulped, ans shrugged, honestly not knowing how to answer that question. 

"I just want to survive...and live...I don't want to die." He replied faintly. Lexa chipped the knife right inside the arm of her seat, as her gaze got more ghastlier. 

"Then survival it is...Freedom, I assume too." Lexa leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms. 

"What is all of this about?" Wells began to feel nervous, as he fiddled his thumbs, remaining still as ever, you could say he looked as if he were a sculpture. 

"This is about helping you, and your people. Your people. I'm not talking about Clarke's people. Clarke's people are the people who bowed down to me five days ago, Clarke's people were the ones who weren't aiming rifles at me when I entered your camp. Clarke's people, are the ones on their way to the Capitol as we speak. Bellamy, and Alyson, her two representatives. I trust them, and Clarke."

"I get what your saying...one half of the hundred are on my side and hate you Grounders, and one half adores you people...why do you want to help my half?" He asked innocently. Lexa smirked, shaking her head. 

"I want to help you so you can get out of my sight. So you people can go somewhere and never come back to interrupt the peace between the sky people. There is a place, you must make due north. The City Of Light. Anyone is welcomed there, whether they are Trikru-Haters, haters of everyone, or haters of themselves. past the deadzone it is located, and across a small portion of sea. I'll make you a deal. You take your half of people that hate us, and go there. You'll be accepted, and will live a full life of luxury and independence." Lexa said hoarsely, eyeing Wells peculiarly. Wells felt extremely uncomfortable, yet liked her idea, a lot. But shook his head, and crossed his arms. 

"Sorry, I already have a place to go...and I can maybe bring my people. The Plain-Riders. i got an invitation from Ameko." Wells smiled proudly. lexa laughed in his face. 

"Are you seriously going to be accepting that? The Plain-Riders are a people of poor attitude, and poor lifestyle. They can barely support themselves, and yet you think they can support another thirty people? It's foolish. The City Of Light can support all...Is what I have been told, I've never went there myself. I'll give you the rest of the day to think about that. Either you can rot in your cell eighty-five more days, or get to experience the big life, where Everyone is accepted." 

Lexa's words did sound tempting to Wells. But he wasn't quite sure. He needed time to think, and time to plan out. He had to be sure that the thirty people that rebelled with him, are actually going to consider trekking across a deadzone and travel across a plot of sea for that. Wells wasn't sure and had to find out. But right now, he only sees three options. Sneak out of this place, gather up his people and head to the Plain-Riders. Accepting Lexa's offer, leave tonight with his group of thirty, and travel for the City Of Light. Or rot here and wait until the eighty-five days are up. Wells had to think fast. More importantly, think smart.