Chapter 9 Octavia

She laid out a white cloth, similar to a tarp. She went into her backpack and pulled out a jug of water and a few nutrition packs. To top that off, she smuggled  few lumps of meat on a stone plate, which was wrapped in a bandanna. The good part was that They were going to have a picnic. The sad part was, they were having it right in front of Monty's grave. Jasper looked extremely uncomfortable, Octavia saw it in his pupils. They've been here more then an hour, and throughout that whole time slot, Jasper cried his eyes out. Octavia knew what he was going through, and just let him grieve and mourn. She didn't want to interrupt it. 

"I-I think all the tears are out.." Jasper professed, holding his knees, and staring downwards at the white tarp, which was reflecting the suns luminescent rays, for Day was in the process of ending, and night was just beginning. 

"Good...Maybe we can make a wreath, something to remember him by..I figure we can remember him on good terms, and not bad ones." She smiled gracefully, staring into his eyes. He actually smiled back, his eyes narrowing down on the pistol, attached the Octavia's side. 

"I'm glad I talked you into bringing that..who knows what the hell is out here...When are we leaving?" Jasper cocked his head to the side, and smirked. 

"I figure we can spend the night here. The tarp is comfortable enough, and my backpack is fluffy enough to substitute for a pillow." Octavia said as she grabbed a few sticks, and lined them up, while reaching into the backpack to retrieve something else. Jasper didn't reply, he just gave her a quaint mellowed out look, while examining the woods around him. 

"When me and Monty were kids..We always dreamed of going to Earth and have our own adventures..whether it would be, battling off Gorillas or ride gigantic tarantulas...we always had fun with our imagination.." His smile grew larger, as he remembered back to those old days. Octavia grabbed his arm and stared into his eyes. 

"Good, Jasper. Remember him for the good times..not the bad." She smiled back at him, wishing she could do the same for her Mother. The final Goodbye was her Mother being hauled out of her flat, screaming she loves her and her Brother. After that, Octavia never saw her again. Octavia grabbed a match, and sparked the two lined up sticks. they both had flames being embedded on the top of them, as a fire began. Octavia was relieved, considering she was freezing her face off. She wasn't expecting it to be this cold. She leaned back, trying to remember what Month it was, and how many days they were here. sixty. Octavia couldn't believe it. The two smiled at each other, until a large crackle was heard. Octavia jotted her vision up towards the sky, to see something that made her pupils dilate. The Ark. It was falling down from pitch darkness. All the stations excelling down slowly. Jasper turned around as well to see it. One station was twirling faster then the others, growing a fiery red. Octavia's jaw dropped, when she saw it explode in midair. Pieces of the station rained down on the Mountain tops, and sprinkled the tree tops. Jasper walked forward in front of Octavia, his hands on his hips. 

"What...What Station was that?" Jasper asked, his voice filled with dread. Octavia shrugged. From the way the station looked when it was falling, it looked like the eighth one. Her eyes widened, as she turned towards him. 

"The Eighth Colony." She spoke exceedingly. Jasper didn't move, neither did Octavia. They just continued to watch the whole thing unfold in front of their eyes. The moonlight reflected upon the falling sections of The Ark. The sixth colony she spotted, which was called Tesla Station. The twelfth colony she also saw, which was dubbed Agro station. She noticed them going to into different directions. Some went over hill tops, while other stations landed quite closely to them. One station, which Octavia identified as Mecha station, zipped across the lands, and disappeared over the largest mountain around. Once all the stations have landed, Jasper dropped to his knees and began to whale uncontrollably. Octavia dropped beside him to hold him tightly, still amazed by The Ark actually falling to the Ground. There must have not been enough dropships, so they brought the whole thing down. She wondered if they knew it would break apart in mid air and some pieces explode. Octavia was assured that at least over fifty percent of the people on board survived the landing. Jasper was crying uncontrollably, but Octavia couldn't understand why, he held onto her tightly, tears continuing to stream from his eyes. 

"M-My...My parents are apart of the eighth Colony!" Jasper's crying was as loud as ever. Octavia held him close, still a bit traumatized from the experience. It's not everyday you see your old home fall and explode in the sky. Jasper continued to cry, and Octavia's guilt thickened. He has no parents now too. The experiences for him were getting worse and worse, while for everyone else they were improving. Octavia couldn't help but ponder that now the adults are here. The council, the guards, the civilians. They are here. Somewhere in those woods. The Ark is on The Ground.