Chapter 3 Wells

His eyes began to open up. He knew it wasn't the morning he was waking up to, It was the afternoon. He sat up in his daybed, rubbing his head softly, as he glanced across the cell, seeing his cellmate using a slab of rock, tracing something against the wall. His cell mate was a girl. She honestly wasn't all that bad compared to the other Grounders. She was humorous, pleasant, and extremely patient to Wells. You could call her a friend. Her name is Ameko. 

"Sochu." Ameko spoke, still laying down on her back, continuing to trace, not bothering make eye contact with Wells. 

"What?" Wells asked confusingly. 

"I am asking how are you.." Ameko replied, finally getting up, and sitting on the edge of her bed, staring at Wells. "Ha Ar Yu Hir?"

"What? In English, please Ameko." Wells sighed, placing his chin on his hand, growing irritated with her keep speaking words in her Grounder language. 

"I said, Why are you here?" Ameko spoke in English, And Wells finally understood. "You've been here five days, you and I haven't really shared stories of why we are here. All we've talked about is our pasts...so I would like to know, why are you here?" 

"I was aiming a gun at your commander. Rebelling to follow their orders. That all you Grounders are scum, with no hearts." Wells felt as if he hurt Ameko with his words, but she giggled, curling her deep orange-tinted hair with her fingers. 

"Only if you knew the half of what we people are." She snickered, shaking her head. "We care for each other, but we put survival before everything....Anyways, how long do you have to stay here?" 

"Ninety-Days...I've been here five, so eighty-five, now." He folded his hands, tilting his head slightly. "Boy these cells do look different from the last time I've been here." He scanned around the room, before returning his vision to the metal door. The high up window that Wells nor Ameko couldn't peek out, was shining its evening rays into the room. 

"Ninety-Days huh?" Ameko asked, shaking her head as she crossed her arms and leaned back, until her back touched the stone cell walls. "Today is my last day, I've served a year long sentence." 

"A year long?" Wells repeated, shocked on how long the commander would make her stay in this god awful place. The worst part is, she was probably all alone. Wells couldn't imagine being alone that long. "Your telling me, you have been in this cell 365 days?" 

"Yep. I get to leave this crap hole today. I'm so excited, to finally see my people!" Ameko's smile enlarged, and so did her eyes. Wells shot her a inquiring glance, as he wondered why on Earth a girl like her was here. 

"Hey, you never really explained why You were here." Wells put a lot of emphasis on the 'You' part, but he was interested to hear her story. She shrugged, folding her legs. 

"My people are poor...We wander out in the plains...We don't accept outsiders...but we are a people of understanding. One day, a group of Lexa's soldiers passed by our poor little village. I stole some seeds off one of the guards, to plant some crops. But of course one of the guards caught me red handed, and they threw my ass into this dump...their 'Capitol.'" Ameko snorted, rolling her eyes. Wells was astonished. 

"So your telling me, You steal a few beans and you get thrown into here for a year..I aim a gun at commander Lexa, willing to fire and kill her, and I only stay here a few months? This commander is odd...She is the women who sits on that damn wooden tree-like thrown in that abandon prison, where she held my friends and I at, about a few weeks ago." Wells crossed his legs as well, admiring this girl, she has a lot of potential. 

"Hm...Wells, perhaps we can expand our friendship. I know you don't like trikru. neither do I. Maybe you can join my clan, with my people. We may be weak, but we care for one another. Our leaders name is Bodo. We are the Plain-Riders....If you ever encounter us, tell them Ameko gave you a personal invitation...We live West." She gave him a warming smile, and he gave one back. Wells could tell she knew he was responsible and caring, and that was probably the reason she was crazy over him so much. The two seemed like a good match, with a great friendship. Wells hopes he can join her clan. The Plain-Riders seem more caring and responsible then the these treacherous people, called Trikru.