Chapter 7 Clarke

The gate opened right up, and two horses strode right into the Capitol. Clarke remained on Embrogio's horse, while Bellamy and Alyson nestled on Yaegar's horse. Clarke couldn't believe what this place was. She never imagined for there to be a place like this for of all people, The Grounders. To the side, there were half collapsed buildings, filled with families inhabiting them. Clarke saw through the half cracked up windows, luxurious meat roasting over a bonfire, with about five or six children surrounding it, awaiting for the delicious meat to be cooked enough to eat. There were small stands with elderly folk, selling apples, prunes, Blueberries, strawberries, and other kinds of fruit, some kinds that Clarke has never seen or heard of. Warrior Grounders assisted Villager Grounders in stringing up some decorations, which were made from leaves, bands of string, and some sap. The collapsed buildings around them began to look less broken down and deconstructed as they moved in closer in the capitol, where some of the buildings were in pristine condition. They finally reached the square of the Capitol, basically the center, where the humongous skyscraper stood. The sunsets rays reflecting off of the buildings window panes. It was gigantic, and stood as tall as the Huge mountain tops. Embrogio halted to horse to an agitated looking Ajax, who stood with his hands behind his back and his head high. 

"Clarke of the Sky people, May I ask why you are late? You are suppose to be here by late afternoon, it is almost dark." Ajax said with a very irritated expression. Clarke was about to speak up, but Bellamy answered instead. 

"We apologize. Yaegar and Embrogio had to leave their respects for the former commanders birth grounds." Bellamy slid down the horses side, his rifle in his right arm, and a firm look plaiting his face. Alyson slid down beside him, bearing her rifle as well. Embrogio assisted Clarke off his horse, and the three sky people were standing in Ajax's sight. 

"Teik Emo Gon." Ajax spoke to the two grounders behind him. The two stepped forward, snatching Alyson and Bellamy's rifle, and threw them into a grey pail. Bellamy grit his teeth, and was about to punch the crap outta Ajax, until Alyson grabbed his fist. "We do not allow firearms to be in the hands of skaikru when they are visiting. When you leave, you'll find your weapons by the large gate..Now come on." Ajax turned, the large doors opening to the skyscrapers bottom. The three Sky people shrugged, and stepped inside, welcomed by a long hall, Ajax leading them down it slowly. 

"I told you that you should have never brought guns.." Clarke whispered, nudging Bellamy. Clarke honestly felt a tad insecure now, the way the Grounders took the guns made Clarke nervous. They seemed rough and not careful. 

"You want us to trust them by not bringing guns..when they don't even trust us by letting us hold on to them.." Bellamy crossed his arms, as they continued to walk. There was no Grounders in sight on the first floor. It was incredibly dark, despite the well-lit candles all around. Clarke didn't expect this place to still maintain power, but she didn't expect it to be this dark. You could honestly barely see your hands if you held them far enough from your face. There were various emblems painted on the walls around them. One emblem looked like a hazard symbol, except upside down. Another one looked like a hand with a spiral in the middle. Clarke didn't pay much mind to them, she just tried to keep her gaze off the side, and focus on the front. Bellamy and Alyson were huddled close as they moved along, really close. So close Clarke had to laugh and say 'Get a room you two,' as low as she could. They soon were inside another room, and Clarke had not even noticed. There was a large spiral staircase, leading high up into the ceiling.

"Don't tell me we have to climb that to the top.." Alyson sighed, rolling her eyes followed by a large exhale. Ajax turned towards them, nodding. 

"Just follow it to the top floor. An escort will be waiting, and will lead you to the throne room. I will see you later tonight at the feast.." Ajax spoke, before walking off to the side, stepping outside through an exit door. 

"I don't know about all of this now...Yeah sure, being at peace with them is alright..But visiting them? I don't know man.." Alyson exclaimed. 

"Relax, it's not like we are their people or something. We just are at peace to a state where we do not attack them, and they do not attack us..plain and simple." Clarke smirked. 

"I hope your right Clarke..I hope your right.." Alyson followed behind Bellamy and Clarke, as they made their way up the staircase, each floor they went up, the more brighter it got. Inside, an odd feeling made Clarke extremely excited to see Lexa. She didn't know what it was, perhaps she was just relieved? Who knows...