Chapter 5 Octavia

Octavia and Jasper walked through the beautiful woods. Sun beautifully shining its rays down on them, the alluring tree branches extending out towards the sky gracefully. and a nice path decked out for them, all the way to the graveyard, which was nearby. It wasn't that far from camp, maybe just a few miles. Octavia packed some nutrition packs, and a few bottles of purified water, along with her trusty sword which she kept by her side, one of the Grounder girls she beat in a sword fight gave the sword to her, the girls name was Adira. 

"So, how does it feel? I know you and Finn practically loved each other, how does it feel for someone to come down from space, and just..take him away." Jasper spoke lowly. Octavia glanced at him, frowning. She really didn't want to focus on Finn. Hell, she came out here for two reasons, to help Jasper with his mental issues, and avoid her situation with Raven and Finn.

"I don't feel anything...Finn is happy with Raven, and that is all that matters, him being happy...I don't need a boyfriend." Octavia replied, not making eye contact, just staring forward. Jasper nodded a few times, he looked saddened, and overwhelmed. Octavia couldn't blame him. The kid was going through depression. She wanted to brighten the mood up. "So, how long have you and Monty known each other?" 

"Since we were four...Our Fathers were friends...until Jaha Floated mines...I'm at least a little lucky my Mother is still alive..but..I..I just miss him so much.." jasper's tone began to reach a high pitch towards the end of his sentence, as a few tears began to come from his eyes, he used his sleeve to wipe them away, but they just kept coming. Octavia felt bad for him. He doesn't deserve this. His best friend got mutilated right in front of his eyes, and he has to bear it. He has to have the weight of it on his back. it'll haunt him until the end of his days. 

"Jasper..I'm sorry what happened...Monty was a good kid..I saw it in him..but just because one person dies, doesn't mean you vow the rest of your life to that person....You have to be strong, and remind yourself, that it is all going to be okay..That is what I said to myself, when they took my Mother away...Sure, I didn't see her get floated. No one on the Ark gets to see the floating process. The last time I saw her was when I woke up in the morning in our flat. Hasn't been ten minutes I was up, guards busted in through the door, and began pulling her out, her last words to me, were I love you, Honey. Tell your Brother I love him too." Octavia felt a few tears wanting to escape her eyes, but she held them back, reminding herself that she must slay her demons and move forward. She can't be afraid. 

"Thanks Octavia...I guess your right..I need to be strong and move on...Let this be a final goodbye I have, for Monty.." he said, looking forward sternly, moving ahead. Octavia smiled at his persistence, and his integrity. She did feel a lot of guilt for him. But she shook the feelings off. The graveyard was up ahead, Octavia could see the tombstones they've managed to make. Each tomb had a particular kids named carved into the stone. Linq, Chris, and some other unknown names like Ryan, Scout, James. They must have been some of the kids who died in landing. They kept following the line of stones, until they reached the final one. Monty. The name was embedded at the top section of the stone. Jasper stared, and so did Octavia. There was an eerie silence. Time for Jasper to mourn his dead friend, Monty. Who was brutally decapitated by an enormous mutated bear.