Chapter 14 Clarke

It was late. Clarke would say way past midnight. She was going to return to her room, but had to stop by at Lexa's first. Clarke gave a few knocks, before entering. It looked just as Clarke left it. The bonfire in the middle, continuing to have its flames flicker, The beautiful night sky above them. Clarke smiled at how warming Lexa's room was. 

"Do you want to continue our conversation? The one that Ajax interrupted?" Lexa questioned, quizzically tilting her head as she closed the door behind Clarke. Clarke nodded, plopping down in the chair she was sitting in previously. 

"Yeah, Of course...I want to change the subject though...You never told me you had a Sister." Clarke leaned in, the fire warming her soft skin gracefully. Lexa sat in the chair right next to Clarke's, eyeing her elegantly. 

"You never asked." Lexa chuckled, before her laughter dying down. "I don't really like talking about Claudia...She thinks that her people, the Plain-Riders, are some big bad gang...when really they are the poorest there is." The room had a beautiful orange filter to it, which made Clarke flush strongly. 

"yeah, but I can tell you two go way back..She said something back at the Trial, about killing you and hers mother...What was that all about?" Clarke was interested in lexa's backstory. The people of Earth amazed her in O' so many ways. Their backstories did more then amaze though, it intrigued. Clarke felt a spark when listening to the Grounders old stories. She also had a sense of interest in their ways of command and belief. 

"It was a long time ago...when her and I were thirteen...It's a long story Clarke, if you want to hear I'll tell though." Lexa asked, giving Clarke a straight face. 

"I insist." Clarke half smiled, and so did Lexa. 

"very well....One day, My mother was ill. Of course, she didn't want to rest, she wanted to explore the lands..and she did. My Sister and I went along with her. She was so ill, she collapsed right in the middle of our little journey...extremely ill...My sister, Claudia, thought she should be put out of her misery...I begged to differ. But, in the end, Claudia slit her throat...and My mother died." lexa didn't make eye contact with Clarke, she just stared at the rambling fire. Clarke placed her right hand on Lexa's shoulder, then the two met with each others gaze. 

"I bet your mother was a great women...I understand its a little late to say, but I apologize for your loss..." Clarke then transitioned her frown into a delicate smile. And so did Lexa. 

"Thank you...I'm glad I met your people, and I'm especially glad that I had the opportunity to meet you..." 

"I'm glad we had the time to talk to each other...but I need to get to bed, it's late..We'll talk more tomorrow." Clarke rose from the chair. 

"Ah yes, tomorrow. We need to talk about something important tomorrow...something regarding war between Trikru and Ice Nation.." Lexa walked Clarke over to the door, opening it just enough for her to slip out. Clarke nodded and agreed with Lexa's idea for tomorrow, as she waved goodbye, going next door to her room. In a way, she felt her and Lexa were one. She wasn't sure whether it was because they were both honorable leaders, living up to their people, or that both their Mothers were born on the Ark. Clarke just felt stumped of what their connectivity was. Whatever it was, It made Clarke feel strong, and think highly of herself when around lexa. She just hopes that everything here in the Capitol turns out alright. She wants the best for Wells, she wants Bellamy and Alyson to agree with her leadership ideas. And most of all, she wants to impress Lexa, and show her that she can be strong when she needs to. As of right now, she needs rest. Everything seems so perfect. Peace between the sky people and Grounders, no one is getting hurt..Everything just feels so perfect....for now..