Chapter 27

After a few minutes, I'm dragged into a small, dark room. I'm forced into a large chair, and my hands are tied to the sides of it. Great, no chance of escape now.

"I told you we had ways to extract information from you," that one woman says, (let's just call her Suzy from now on) walking into the room.

"Yes, you did," is all I manage to say.

"Listen, by law, I have to tell you that if you do as I say, you can walk away with minimal injuries, but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you," Suzy says.

"Yeah, exactly what law do you work under?" I ask.

"Silence, I'm not answering your questions this time."

"Fine. What is this dreaded 'torture device' then?"

"It's a prototype, mind you, but I feel like you'll be able to handle it. It excites your pain receptors." Hehe, she answered my question.

"What do you mean? So you're going to test some stupid machine on me? Great, and I was all excited to be tortured by a recognizable brand."

"You...you don't realize how hard...how much self control it is taking not to kill you right now." Woo-hoo!  Looks like I got a fan. Wait...she just threatened to kill me...maybe not.

"Okay, fine. I'm proud of you. But seriously, I didn't do anything! You can't force me to say something that's not true!"

"Hmm...we'll see."

"Wait, wait wait," I say, "Back up a few steps, where are the Doctor and Rose? They better be okay."

"I told you, you are not-"

"Yeah...what-e-ver. If you want me to cooperate, they need to be kept alive. Got it?" I say, suddenly very serious.

Suzy looks at me in disgust. "Fine. If it will make this easier, your friends will be unharmed."

"Well, obviously! Thank you...This doesn't change the fact that I didn't steal the...object. What is it anyway? We could help," I offer.

Suzy shakes her head, staring at me in disgust, "No," is all she says.

"Why not?" I ask, a hint of anger in my voice.

"You think I'm going to let you out of here so you can 'help us?' Yeah right, I don't know what kind of world you live in, but-"

"My world is gone," I say, staring her straight in the eyes, "It was destroyed to dust, in a horrible war. My world, my home, my family...is gone. There's nothing left of it...everyone died. Everything perished. It went up in flames." Woah, that got awfully dark.

"You want me to pity you?"

"When did I say that?" I ask, knowing there's no answer.

A large man walks over to me and suddenly sticks two rather large needles into my arm. "Ow!" I screech, "What the heck is that for?"

"Your interrogation," he says, walking out of the room.

"Guys, guys, hey! Come on! This is getting a little too soap opera-y in here. I didn't do anything, just let me and my friends go, and we might be willing to help you."

"Who are you working for?" Suzy asks. Why does no one ever listen to me?

"No one. I'm my own person," I say. I flinch at the sensation of someone pinching my arm where the two needles are located. "Is that it? That's not much of a torture device."

"That's setting one...there are nineteen others," Suzy says, "Now I asked you, who are you working for?"

"And I told you, no one!" More pain radiates from my upper wrist, this time shooting up my arm. "You know, if I'm telling the truth, causing me more pain doesn't change the fact that I still didn't do anything?"

"How did you get your other crew members in here?"

"Have you had a look in that one room? There's a giant blue box in there. It's a...teleportation machine." Pain shoots up my arm and down my spine. "What's that for? I answered that one truthfully."

"Identify your species," Suzy says, completely ignoring me.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I'm hit with so much pain I have to ball my hands into fists to keep from screaming.

"Tell me."

"Time Lord," I say through clenched teeth.

"What?" Suzy practically screams.

"I told you, you wouldn't believe me. I'm a Time Lord."

"You're lying!"

"You ever heard of the Doctor? The man who roams the Earth, the man who changes faces? Turns out he's not the last of the Time Lords, and it looks like you don't know what his most recent regeneration looks like."

"There's no way-"

"Oh, you're in trouble now, aren't you? Why? Because you've got me, Rose Tyler, and the Doctor, locked up in this silly little prison of yours...and have you been watching the security footage on the monitor behind you? There's been quite a show. What do you think, Rose?" I say, looking over my shoulder.

"Yeah, it's something, all right," Rose says from the doorway.

Suzy stands, unmoving. "Doctor, can you help me?" I ask, tugging at my arms. He quickly sonics the chain. I remove the needles from my arm, and stand up.

"Earth...is an independent, level five planet. I'd like to ask what the heck you're doing," I say, calmly.

"We just...we can't let the humans have the device," Suzy finally says.

"I will take care of it," I say. "But this ends now. You are to take the children back home and then never come back, otherwise the Shadow Proclamation will be hearing about this. We will have this place shut down, and it will be your fault. And now you know who we are, so you know we are perfectly capable of doing that."

"Okay, okay. Yes, fine," Suzy says.

"Good," I say, walking out of the room. That got ridiculously dramatic.

"What was that about?" Rose asks, jogging behind me.

"I don't even know anymore," I say, "What happened to the guards?"

"They're scared now," the Doctor says, "They're leaving us alone."

"Can you guys get back to the TARDIS? I need to go."

"Yeah," the Doctor says, staring at me slightly concerned.

"Okay um...see you in a minute."

~🌺~

"So what is it?" Rose asks.

"I don't know. The kid thought it was a marble. Whatever it is, they are not getting it back," I say, twirling the object around in my hands.

"And to think, all that trouble was for this," Rose sighs, "How's your arm?"

"I'll live," I say, gazing at the quickly healing wound. "Here, Doctor," I say, tossing the circular object to him. "So...Doctor, what was that about?"

"Hmm?" He asks, looking suddenly interested in the small object.

"You...you stood back and watched. You let me make all the decisions, I had to run the show. Why?"

"Well...I wanted to see what you would do. You did well."

"Besides the part where you had to save me at the end," I say, rolling my eyes.

"You did a brilliant job of stalling, then."

"Brilliant," I repeat, "Sure."

~🌺~

Yay! This "episode" is done. It took me a while to make the ending, I have about five other drafts of this chapter which
end in even more dramatic ways. I also have a lot of really good speeches I had to take out, but I will be putting them in future chapters. Next chapter will be up in a few weeks. As long as there is one person reading, one person voting, this book will continue.

So...yeah...

-Izzy