Surprise Visitor

Chapter 8

I grabbed my phone off my bed and saw it had 7 text messages and 5 missed calls from Lydia.
"Celena, we need to talk."
"What's been going on with you?"
"Are you okay?"
"I feel like I'm in the dark here."
"Talk to me."
"Celena."
"Answer your phone."

I texted back "Sorry, it's been complicated."
She texted "What's complicated? Do you want to hang out and talk about it?"
"Yeah sure."
"Good I haven't been able to talk to you lately we need this."
I replied "Yeah we do, I will see you soon, bye."
"See you, bye."
I sat next to Stiles on my bed and asked "Can you drive me somewhere?" "Lydia's?" He asked "Yeah." I said quietly pleading with my eyes. "Sure, I guess." I smiled and hugged him getting up to put my shoes on. We got into his Jeep and started driving to Lydia's most of the way to there it was silent and I hummed my favorite song quietly, so it was nice. Not awkward.

 When we were pretty close to getting to her house out of the blue Stiles asked "Can I ask you a question?" I looked at him and couldn't help but smile "Yeah of course." He waited for a moment thinking of the words to say "What are we? Friends or more than that?" He pulled into Lydia's driveway, and I leaned in and kissed him before hopping out and saying "More." He smiled and drove away but not before sitting there a little confused.

 I walked up her driveway and rang the door bell, Ms. Martin answered. "Lydia's in her room." I replied with a smile "Thanks." Then made my way up to her room. We talked and gossiped, avoiding some of the heavier more important thing we needed to talk about, until there was a sudden knock at the door. I asked "Were you expecting someone?" "No." She replied looking confused saying "Come in." 

The last person I wanted to see was right in front of me, we looked at each other. I felt so many emotions anger, sadness, but mostly shock. I see fingers snapping in front of my face, I snapped out of it, and Lydia asked "Are you okay?" I replied in a weak voice still kinda in shock "Yeah I'm, I'm okay." Then Lydia asked "Wait... What did I miss?" Isaac interrupted saying "Yeah what did she miss?" I explained everything that happened that night except Stiles since it was pretty new and I didn't want to do anything without consulting him first. 

Lydia looked at Isaac anger plastered on her face "Isaac, is this true?" He replied exasperated "You act like it's such a big deal." They started arguing and I didn't want to listen to them so I ignored it for as long as I could just letting them get their feelings out but soon it went too far and I had to step in. "Stop!" I yelled and flashed my eyes red by accident since I was so livid from their behavior. When Lydia saw my eyes she looked shocked "You're and alpha?!" She asked and I remembered I hadn't told her yet. 

"You didn't tell her?" Isaac asked "I didn't exactly get around to it before you got here and started all this don't try to make me look like the bad person here." I defended "Wow, I was not expecting that." said Lydia still shocked by the fact I was an alpha. I turned to Isaac "So why are you here?" he looked away from me and said "I needed to talk to Lydia." "Okay I'll be leaving bye." I said as I got up from beside Lydia and got my stuff, Lydia offered a ride but I said "No, I have a ride, thanks I'll text you." She looked upset that she couldn't do anything to help but replied "Okay I'll text you."

 I got out my phone went to speed dial and called Stiles he picked up and I asked "Hey can I get a ride?" he replied "Yeah sure it might be a while before I get there I'm pretty far, I thought you were staying over at Lydia's are you okay?" he asked concerned. "Yeah I'm fine I'll explain later." I said not wanting to get into it right this minute. "Okay I'll see you soon." "Okay, bye." "Bye." The phone call ended and I continued walking for many blocks before I saw his Jeep turning around the corner, I got in, and we turned around to get to my house.

-Amber