Surprise!

Chapter 16

I woke up to someone knocking on my door I couldn't even respond before they came in and yelled "Happy Birthday!!" said Sara and my Dad. Wow it must really be my birthday if my dad isn't at work. I can't believe I forgot about it.. I'm usually counting down the days but lately things have been so crazy I don't think I've really paid much attention to the date. 

I can't believe I'm turning seventeen. "Thank you Sara, Dad." I said giving them each a hug. I wonder what I got. I walked outside to see an unfamiliar car. "Is it mine?" I asked. "Yep. Got it this morning." said my Dad. I got my drivers license last year but I had to wait until my family saved up for a new car. I admired it for a moment it's silver with leather seats. 

I hopped in the drivers seat, put my seat belt on and started the car. When I got to school I parked next to Stiles' jeep and saw him talking to Scott. "Did you know about this?" I asked motioning to the car. "Well I didn't pick you up did I? I may have mentioned to your dad you wanted a car." he said "Thanks if it wasn't for you I'd still be asking for rides." I said "You're welcome, but you know I love driving you around. I get to spend more time with you that way." "You won't miss me that much I'll still be around just as much. You're stuck with me forever." "Gladly."  he said smiling and taking  my hand as we walked to chemistry.

 I got a lot of Happy Birthday wishes, but I didn't really care I don't like birthday's. They remind me of how close I am to being an adult and that's scary. I don't like the thought of making some of the most important decisions of my life right now, but I also know I'm not the only one who feels that way so I feel a bit better. 

I went through my school day pretty normally apart from the birthday wishes all the time. I don't expect many gifts or a party when I get home since I never have them. The only present I looked forward to was from Stiles, it was a necklace that had charms on it like flowers, hearts, music notes, keys, and other charms that went with the charm bracelet he and his mom bought me when we were little. When he put it around my neck I smiled and said, "Thank you." standing on my toes to give him a kiss, he pulled away and kissed my forehead. 

The moment and the gift were perfect I loved it. I can't believe he still remembers giving it to me when me and my family just moved in, my mom had just passed away and his mom insisted that he get me a gift so he got me the charm bracelet. I love remembering that moment, the moment I realized he was the one for me. I know we were really young but I don't know. I just knew. 

Somehow after remembering this happy moment in my life I couldn't help but think of Vanessa and if she was doing okay. I wanted to see her, so after school I got in my car and drove to Derek's loft to visit. When I got there Derek warned me that she wasn't exactly in great shape. I walked in to see her laid on a bed. "Why isn't she healed like me?" I asked "I don't know. We just need to wait and see if your power was enough to save her." he replied. "And if it's not?" "Then she will die." he said.

-Amber