Chapter 10: Upgrade

Optimus, in a brotherly way, kissed my forehelm. We walked out of his office just as Jazz angrily drove out of base and into Jasper. He had seen Optimus kiss my forehelm and thinks we're going to be mates when I get my upgrade. Perfect. Way to ruin what could have been a nice relationship with Jazz.

I walked back to my berthroom and sat on my berth, my helm against the wall. I brought my legs closer to my chassis and cried. I closed the sparkling/sire bond and locked my berthroom door. I wasn't coming out. I need someone to talk to, I need to talk to Jazz. Maybe I could fix everything I did.

-3rd person pov-

While Matrix was in her room, all the bots were trying to figure out what had gotten her upset and why Jazz left the base. Not even Optimus knew why, Ultra Magnus didn't know either. He did know that his sparkling liked Jazz and that he would do everything he can to get him back safe, and in one piece.

A thud was heard through out the base, followed by a painful groan. Ratchet got out his tools and ran down the hallway, leaving everyone else behind. He soon came upon Matrix's room and grew more concerned. He found that he couldn't open the door, so he hacked the door's lock code and opened it.

He spotted Matrix on the ground and lifted her up bridal style. He took her to the med bay, everybot was coming there as well to see if the young bot was alright. Once inside, Ratchet closed the door with his pede, set Max down on the medical berth, and locked the door.

Arcee tried opening the door and got annoyed with Ratchet fast.

"Ratchet, open this fragging door!", Arcee yelled, but Ratchet ignored her, "Ratchet we need to see if Max is alright!"

:I am not unlocking the door. You all know I cant have any distractions. As soon as I get a diagnosis, I will let you all know. If it's bad, I'll let Ultra Magnus in since Max is his sparkling, but no one else.: Ratchet's voice came through all of their COM links.

Arcee was just about fed up with Ratchet. She loved the mech, but he sometimes got on her nerves and pushed all of the right buttons to get her mad. She was way beyond mad at the moment. She ran back to the main room and got on the computer.

"Jazz if you don't get your fragging aft back here right now I'll come drag your sorry aft here myself!", Arcee yelled into the com link.

:Why?! So I can watch Max get all lovey dovey with Optimus?! Frag you!: Jazz yelled back.

"Optimus is like a brother to her! She loves you, Jazz! And right now, she is in the med bay. So you get your sorry aft over here right slagging now!", Arcee cursed and Jazz slammed on the breaks.

:How do you know if she loves me? And what do you mean she is in the med bay?!:

"When she saw you leave, I saw the look in her optics. She stormed to her berthroom and I don't know what she did, but she is in the med bay right now.", there wasn't a response, "Jazz?!"

"Ratchet, you better let me in the fragging med bay! Or I'll be one angry bot to deal with!", she spun around and seen Jazz standing in front of the med bay doors.

Ratchet was a little terrified of Jazz. No one saw him get angry, ever, only he has. He dropped everything and opened the door, careful to stay out of the angry mech's way. Jazz walked in and to Matrix's side. He felt that it was his fault that the femme he loved was in the med bay.

"Jazz, she's fine.", Ratchet reassured the angry mech, "It's just her upgrade."

Jazz sighed a relief as Ratchet let everyone in the room. Matrix lay on the berth, the humans next to her, as she grew 9 ft, got bulkier, and looked more like her father than ever before. They looked at her face then at Magnus' face. They had such a resemblance, Jazz had nightmares of him and the commander.

He set those nightmares aside and studied Matrix's new form while she recharged.

"Alright, she is perfectly fine and just needs to rest.", Ratchet said as he put away his tools.

Jazz lifted Matrix up bridal style and brought her to her sire's berthroom. Ultra Magnus stopped him.

"Take her over here.", Jazz nodded and followed him to a berthroom that no one has, he set her on her berth and kissed her forehelm before leaving with Ultra Magnus.