Chapter 15: Returning Home

The drive back to where the two Cybertronians began was longer than they remembered. They had been gone a whole year as it has taken 6 months to get to the tomb.

"Think sire is mad at me?", Matrix asked, breaking the silence.

"That outcome is likely, though he may just forget that and be happy that you are back.", Optimus replied.

Matrix hummed as a response as they came up to the location they were 1 year ago. She smiled softly as she got out the remote she had made.

"We're going home.", she said and activated the bridge.

The two walked out and ran into their worst enemy.

"What are you two doing at the sight of MY space bridge?", the warlord bellowed.

"We were out for a stroll.", Matrix answered, failing at lying to the warlord.

He growled and started shooting the two. Matrix jumped to the side and dogged each 'bullet' as she ran towards Megatron. Megatron was amazed, he had never seen the moves Matrix was using since before Solus died. He even didn't recognize the femme. Matrix seen that Megatron was astonished and punched his tank.

"Optimus! Lets go!", Matrix yelled and they both exited the cave.

They looked around and seen it was dark out, so they figured the team would be in recharge. She activated her remote control ground bridge and they both went through. When they arrived, everyone was in recharge in the main room. They held their breath as they walked to their berthrooms.

"Goodnight, Optimus.", Matrix whispered.

"Goodnight, Max.", Optimus replied and they both entered their berthrooms without a sound.

"Who goes there?", Ratchet said and fell back into recharge.

Matrix chuckled as she heard him. Her berthroom was at the beginning of the hallway, just outside of the main room. The two bots fell into recharge. Matrix couldn't wait to surprise her sire and the mech that she has fallen for.