Coaxing the buddy

3 years after that meet happened.

In these 3 years ; Manik and Nandini did not met for even once. But they were in on and off contact with each other .

The two who used to call each other 4 times a day and even more than that were now restricted on 4 calls in a year .

Not that they did not had any permission but they were now very formal to each other. They were friends but not buddies. Their calls ended for just about 5-10 mins where they used to talk for hours.

Both moved on in their life but missed each other a lot. Nandini never showed her emotion to Manik regrading that matter. She even never showed her anger as she believed feelings are shown to a person who values in one's life ; and Manik now had no value in Nandini's life.

Manik although tried a lot to make things normal again but things had now taken a full round. He many times tried to meet her but she always refused by making some or the other excuse.

She was not ready to go back. She was deeply hurt. She never thought Manik would let her down and will choose his love over her friendship.

*******

It was the evening of holi when Nandini's phone rang. It was Manik.

"Nandini.. Hiii...!! Happy holi." Manik said as the phone was answered by Nandini.

"Same to you Manik." Nandini replied in a very cold tone.

"How r u..? How's everything.?" Manik continued.

"Everything is good and I am also good". She just answered his question .

Manik :- "Aacha listen ; I have planned a get together and this time Cabir And Aryamaan are also here."

Nandini was again irritated to listen this. In those 3 years he had for many times planed a get together but she never became a part of it.

Firstly she was hurt from whatever happened and secondly she deep down in her heart felt that if she and Manik could again become the old buddies ; same problem would arise. She was aware of the hard times Manik went through without even letting her know. She did not wanted him to suffer again. Because she agreed to it or not but she still cared for him and always missed him but was stubborn enough not to go back.

Nandini was about to say something about Manik interrupted her. "This will be at your place. We will be coming at your place tomorrow ."

"Whattt..?? My place..??" Nandini was surprised that how could Manik so easily make plans on his own without even asking her.

She then realised it was the occasion of holi and she could not say a no to him . She half-heartedly  agreed to Manik's plan.

Manik announced the plan to Nandini and hanged up the call. He deliberately chose that occasion as he knew she could not say no on that. He wanted to meet her and moreover he wanted them to be normal again.

The next day the door bell of Nandini's house rang at almost the same time given to her by Manik. She opened the door the found Cabir and Aryamaan there. They both wished her happy holi and hugged her. She welcomed them.

Alya and Manik were coming but were at some distance. Alya reached first. She had a wide smile on her face and hugged Nandini and wished her.

Nandini  replied with a faded smile and responded to her hug and wished her back. Just then she saw Manik coming. Both were looking at each other.

When Manik saw her a big smile appeared on his face. She too had a smile on her face after seeing him.

They were seeing each other after 3 long years. They both were in the same city but never met after that.

Although Manik tried a lot but every time Nandini stepped back. Now Manik was in front of her. Both had smile on their face. She forwarded her hand towards him .

" Haath Kya mila Rahi ho..? Give me a hug..!" Manik said to her and hugged Nandini in front of Alya. She was taken aback for a moment . She thought it would be awkward in front of Alya but when she turned her eyes towards her ; she saw Alya smiling at both of them. Nandini was surprised.

She made them come in and all started chatting. It was a long time they all met. Everyone had their own story to tell. Nandini gave them drinks and snacks and all were enjoying expect Nandini.

*********

Everyone was having a nice time. They were eating drinking and chatting with each other. Nandini was just listening to their talks and was speaking very less. She was not comfortable in that environment . She felt weird . Manik tried a lot to involve her Into the talks but failed everytime.

Manik noticed her behaviour . He failed again to get her back . He could make out very well that she was not really happy with that get together . Just then his phone rang and he went aside to take the call. After few mins Nandini went to the kitchen to get some more snacks. Manik after finishing his call saw Nandini in the kitchen . He went towards her.

Nandini turned around and saw him.

"Nandini can't you get over the past...? It's gone why don't you forget it please. Alya has no problems now. Why can't we get together again.?" Manik said in a pleading tone to her.

"I am gald Manik that Alya trusts you now. There won't be any problem for you in future. I am sure you will get more friends like me. I am certainly not the only one. But I am surly not coming back." Nandini replied in a firm tone and went towards the rest of the people.

Manik yet another attempt went in total vain. He was really sad hearing this from her but he actually asked for it.

*********

Manik was now getting furious on Nandini. His repeated attempts to bring her back was going in vain.

He almost gave up. He decided to make a final attempt and if not then he would never go back to her or try to bring her back. He was waiting for that final attempt. A good chance. Finally he got something that would surely convince her.

One evening Nandini received a call from Manik. She answered the call. Manik was coming to Nandini's place but due to a road blockage near her house he could not reach her place. He requested her to come to that place as he had to hand her the invitation card of his parents 25th wedding anniversary. He requested her to come to the party and she agreed to it.

Nandini went to the party with her dad. All were there except Alya as she moved out of the city for the job.

They all were enjoying the party when Manik brought Nandini to a side and handed him an envelope . She was bit surprised at him. She then read the letter kept in that envelope. It was an offer letter. Manik got his first job and had to move out of the city.

Nandini was really happy for him. She congratulated him and wished him all success in his life.  He told her that he had to leave in 2 days.

Finally he played his trump card. The chance he was waiting for was right here. Manik said to her that since now he is leaving the city itself so things won't be the same again. He was starting a new phase ; working man now ; and demanded Nandini to give him her friend and that  friendship for these 2 days left in the city..!

Nandini was shocked to listen his demand . He knew this time he has played really well and she cannot go away with this.

Nandini had no other option . She had to say yes. They decided to go for an outing the very next day...!