When words played their part

This story is heading towards the end so I thought to wind it up and then get back to other stories. Next chapter is the last chapter of this story.

*********

Manik tried every technique to talk to Nandini but it seemed that she became deaf when it came to meet and talk to Manik.

Manik felt helpless. His past actions were not letting any of his present effort to work on Nandini and she was behaving all same.

The last option he could think of was Mukti.

She was the only one after Manik, Nandini actually listens to. Manik knew that at this point she was the only one who could help her and convince Nandini to talk to him.

Although Mukti was really mad on him and actually hated him but then she loved Nandini more than he hated him. She knew it was a tough job but then she had to do it for her friend's happiness.

Mukti one day went to Nandini's place and checking her mood she finally decided to talk to her.

Mukti :- "Nandini ; tum Manik se baat kyun nahi karti..? He's trying soo hard to get back on you. At least isse ek baar baat to karo. Just listen to him once what he has to say."

Nandini :- "I too want to talk to him ; I always wanted to. You know it every well that I had always asked for this one chance to meet him after whatever happened and talk to him face to face. But pata nahi mujhe Kya ho jata hai jab bhi wo mere saamne Hota hai. I just loose control over myself. Main usse rudely baat karna nahi chahti par I don't know.." Nandini tried to explain her feelings to her.

"I understand Nandini ye sab aasan nahi hai par you have got this one chance ho sabko nahi milta..please don't spoil it. For me at least ek baar usse aache se baat kar lo.. For me.. Just once" Mukti requested Nandini.

After Manik ; Mukti was the only one she considered special. She could not say no to her. She assured her that she would meet Manik for sure.

The same night she called him up. Manik could not actually believe that Nandini called him herself. She told Manik to message her the time and place to meet and she would come there.

Manik was on top of the world when he listened to what she said. He actually could not believe his ears. Finally Nandini was ready to talk to him. Now it was Manik's turn to bring the ball in his court ; and this time for ever.

***********

Manik made all the arrangements for their meet. He messaged all the details to her. Finally Nandini was there on the decided day.!

"Thank you Nandini.. Thanks for coming. Seriously." Manik said as soon as Nandini was there.

Nandini was all calm this time as she too wanted to have a talk.
After mins of silence ; Manik decided to broke the silence.

"I have broken up with Alya." Manik started the conversation.

Nandini kept on looking at Manik and replied , "nothing new Manik ; you break up with her and then again patch it up. What's new.?" She asked shrugging her shoulder.

Manik was little shocked on the reply. He was about to say something when Nandini asked her "why are you here Manik.? Why did you came back.? Why now.?"
This question of Nandini made Manik speechless. He wasn't able to answer her. Nandini then began to speak.

"Manik what excuse do you have for your actions that you did.? Tumne kaha tha na ki tum wapas nhi aaoge to ab kyun,.?? Kya hai ye Sab.?" Nandini asked Manik.