Buoyant Days

Guys, please note that this story is a FINITE series and would be wrapping up soon.

And guys I know this story lacks MANAN moments and their romance but since I tried to write a real story with the help the reel characters, I can't help but let this happen the way it is.

***********

The very next day Manik was outside Nandini's home right on time to pick her up . They both went to a cafe and decided to have a talk over coffee. It was the last chance for Manik as now he would move out of the city and also he had decided that he would give up if he fails this time.

They both had a long talk and both discussed their issues with each other. Past was being recalled. Nandini told him about the mail she got from Alya and made him read that mail. He was shocked on that mail. He denied each and every thing written in the mail except of the fact of Alya's health. That indicated that what Alya told Nandini about Manik's feeling was also false.

Manik then told her everything that had happened in those past 3 years when they were not exactly in contact. He told her how Alya was a completely changed person and how he has made all the comprises and sacrifices till now to continue his relationship.

Nandini was pretty shocked on getting to know about Alya's behaviour . She could not believe that Alya has changed to this extent.

Nandini always thought that it was only her who was a problem in between them for which she restricted herself from going back to Manik but she came to know that she had problem with almost every girl Manik would ever talk to. She was totally against Manik being friends with any girl whereas Manik had never put any restrictions on her. He did all this for that relationship. He loved Alya.

It was now 6 years since they were together. He never thought of breaking up with her and always kept on trying. But deep down he was suffering.

Nandini felt really bad after hearing all this. She needed to be there with him but things Were not in their favour.  She really felt sorry for Manik. When she realised that how  Alya  is been now ; Nandini decided not to step back. She earlier did that so that Manik would remain happy but she could not see his happiness anywhere. Finally she decided to get back.

Manik this time has won it. Nandini was back. The buddies were back. The friendship was back..... But for how long..???

*********

Manik was really happy as now Nandini was back. The guilt in his heart had now lessened.

The next evening he felt the city to start a new phase of his life. Alya and Manik had got job in the same office and this he told to Nandini as well.

She after listening about Alya from Manik wasn't happy at all that they both were in same office. But she could not ask him to stay back as it was a big opportunity for him and she did not wanted to ruin it.

This time Nandini was very definite in her thoughts that she would not let anything come in between their friendship ; not even Alya.

********

Months passed by and they were back to normal. Although now their priorities were also increased.

Manik was a working man now and Nandini was completing her masters. Manik kept really busy. He did not had anytime to talk to anyone ; not even Nandini. They use to chat over message at nights only. The phone calls now were really limited cause of the lack of time from Manik.

Nandini often complained about this to him and they even sometime had a small tiff over it which Nandini would do purposely as she knew if she'll get angry ; he would definitely call her. It would happen the same all time.

Nandini's happiness was again back. She had her buddy back again. By now Abhimanyu had also entered her life and their bond was also really strong.

Nandini shared all her happiness with Abhimanyu and Mukti and they were very happy to see Nandini happy and smiling.

There would be times when Manik would get really jealous of Arguments and Mukti as the position of Best Friend was now being shared by those people too.

They both would also fight over that point where Manik use to keep himself at top and Nandini kept Abhimanyu and Mukti at top.

Both Abhimanyu and Mukti used to get amused to see Manik and Nandini fighting over them.

Nandini this time was really not in the position to let go off Manik once again. Now she was insecure.

*********

It was the time of holi when Manik and Nandini had an argument over the same topic of time issue and this time it was serious. Nandini was not talking to Manik. She neither picked up his calls nor replied to his messages .

It was the day just before holi when Manik was messaging Nandini but she being a stubborn head wasn't replying to them. He saw that she is reading all of them, but not replying.

Manik had to come home for holi. It was his first trip after he joined the office and his new job.

He was really excited to come back but his cold stubborn friend was ruining his excitement. He tried to talk to her before boarding his flight but the result was same. He then left a message of seeing her soon and boarded his flight.

********

It was again the day of holi. It was around 1pm and Nandini was in kitchen helping her mom. Everyone by now had played enough colors and were taking bath.

Nearly half of the day had passed and Manik and Nandini hadn't wished each other. She knew that by now he would have reached his place. But there was no message no phone call from his side.

Just when she was busy in the kitchen ; the door bell rang . That time she was alone there in kitchen.  She heard the door bell and thought to herself that who has came so late to play colors as by now everywhere colors were stopped. Thoughts were running through her mind when she decided to take a look on who was there at the door.

To her surprise she saw Manik standing there fully drenched in water and colors and was having some colors in his hand. He was talking to her mom who was calling him in but he refused to come in as he was fully loaded with colors from head to toe .

Nandini heard him asking her mom about her. Nandini's mouth was big open in shock.  She couldn't believe her eyes. It was the best surprise she could have got on this day. Manik saw her and called her outside. She went ahead.

By now she was back in her senses which were lost by seeing the surprise. Manik hugged her and wished her happy holi. She too hugged him back and wished the same. Both applied colors to each other forgetting all their silly fights and arguments.

********

Manik made that holi memorable for Nandini. She was very happy that Manik came there to play holi with her and also to cool her anger down. 

For The next few days ; for which Manik was there in the city, they had planned their meetings.

It was fun for Nandini to be around Manik once again. She felt joyed. Those few days till Manik was there in the city they had a blast. Nandini's happiness was undefinable . This time the joy she was experiencing was something different. She used to share each of her experience with Abhimanyu and Mukti. They were very happy for her but then felt something fishy too.

***********