09

"Hey yura, over here!"

I turned around to see Kangjoon waving at me, so naturally I waved back heading towards the table where he had all the books we needed splayed out in front of him. Was I that late?

"I'm sorry for being so late. Did I make you wait too long?" I asked feeling beyond embarrassed. I thought I was only a few minutes late.

"No don't worry you're not late, I got here a bit early so I can get some of my work done" He said giving me his signature smile that could make any one melt right at the spot, including me if i had to add.

"So have you done your part yet?" He asked pulling out a chair so I can sit. My heart fluttered a bit at the action but I ignored it.

"I still have some finishing touches to add" I said feeling like my face was on fire. Why am I so damn awkward?

"Thats cool" he nodded.

"Is it okay for me to give you Sunhee's part? You know since she won't be doing the project with us anymore"

"Yeah okay"

"So what I'm hearing is, you'll be doing Mina's part?" As much as I trusted that he'll work, I had to check.

"That is correct" he sighed before continuing "Now how about we continue discussing the project?"

And so I got my books and laptop out and just as we were about to begin, an announcement played through the public library's speakers.

'We are very sorry to announce that the library will be closing up due to some security problems. Please exit the library in an orderly fashion. Thank you.'

"What was that?" Kangjoon said confusion evident all over his face.

"I don't know, we could ask a staff member on our way out if you want?" I said as I was putting my stuff back in my bag again.

"Okay lit"

We picked up our stuff and headed out. As we were doing so kangjoon stopped one of the security guards.

"Excuse me sir, do you know why they're closing up?"

"Someone stole some expensive books earlier that were supposed to be launched to a bidding." He explained.

Kangjoon thanked the officer and looked back at me.

"Why would they even keep expensive books in the public library?" He laughed "Thats honestly so dumb, its like they were asking for it."

"I know right" I said agreeing with him. I mean it is a public library after all.

"So where are we supposed to study now?" He asked.

"A coffee shop maybe?"

"I forgot my wallet at home" he said with a frown.

"Let's just go to one of our houses" he said looking at me "Preferably your house"

"Why mine?" I asked confused at his choice. Honestly I don't mind having him at my house (for all the wrong reasons) but its weird that he'd want to be there.

"Chanmi's home, she's on her period and would kill anyone in sight" he laughed.

"Who's Chanmi?" I asked, already knowing the answer because of the non stop gossip at the beginning of the year. I just wanted to hear it from him.

"She's my girlfriend"

"How come you're living with your girlfriend at such a young age?"

"Well chanmi isn't exactly like us, she's older and has a job" he said trying not to give too much away but I couldn't help it. I was curious.