24.5

[flashback: 2014 highschool dance ]

It was almost midnight. All the kids were inside the school gym, having fun and dancing around with their dates.

Some kids were sneaking in alcohol, some more and some were just hanging out with their friends. Everyone was having a blast; in their own way of course.

Two girls had agreed to sneak off and meet up with each when the clock struck 12. They had previously decided to see one another in an empty classroom at the very end of the second floor's hallway.

The brunette with long shiny hair turned around to face the other girl. She smiled, not believing that the other had finally worked up the courage to come and meet her.

She gazed into her eyes, unable to look away. How can someone be so beautiful?

She slowly closed in the space between them and reached out to grab her hand. She thought about how being together felt so wrong and yet so so right. If only they weren't born in Korea.

The space between them was now negligible. The brunette went in for the others lips, engulfing her in a passionate and romantic exchange. When their lips pressed together, their surroundings became irrelevant. If a fire broke out at this very moment, they doubted that they would be able to hear the ensuing chaos.

Near the classroom there was a girl. She was roaming around, looking for the bathroom. She desperately needed to relieve herself. Why did she have to drink so much fruit punch?

Amidst her search she caught sight of the two girls making out. She didn't know who they were, as one could hardly see their faces from all the way over there. The only thing she could see clearly though, was long and beautiful brunette hair.

She wasn't going to pretend that the sight didn't shock her a bit. They went to a korean public high school, so this was not normal here.

She continued to observe their heated make out session for a few more seconds, before giving a quick shrug. She had other matters to attend to anyways, her baldder was becoming a pressing issue, threatening to erupt at any moment.

And besides, who cares about other people's sexuality? This 'conundrum' was none of her business.

Just as the girl was turning around to go find the bathroom, one of the two girls had already seen herーand was now petrified at the realization.

"Hyeri I think someone saw us" She said, hurriedly pulling away from the brunette.

"Who was it?"

"I think her name was Park Yura"

"There's no way she saw our faces and even if she did, Yura is a quiet and nice girl. She wouldn't tell on us"

"Still,...it feels off" the other girl replied, warily.

"Jihyun, baby, you worry to much." Hyeri claimed as she tried to approach the girl for another kiss. Jihyun, being too scared, stopped her advances.

"Let's just finish this off some other time" Jihyun said, fear lacing her words as she quickly grabbed her tiny soirée bag and rushed out of the classroom.

"Kill joy" hyeri muttered following the other girl out of the classroom.

-

Monday came, sooner rather than later, and all the kids went back to their mundane lives. Jihyun on the other hand, felt abnormal. The paranoia plaguing her mind had been making her feel like she was about to go crazy at any given moment.

What if she and Hyeri got exposed?

Throughout the entire weekend, leading up to today, Jihyun felt a growing pit inside her stomach. She had a very bad feeling about todayーso bad that her gut had been screaming at her insistently.