Chapter 1 New Beginnings

COVER DONE BY: ladyarchangel74

"Inuyasha, SIT!" Kagome yelled as she marched back to the village of Edo, leaving Inuyasha in a crater the shape of his body.

It had been five years since the Shikon No Tama had been completed and returned to Kagome's body making her immortal. Since then she was allowed to return to the modern Era only once, to make her choice. Kagome knew where her heart lay. So it was with a heavy heart she said goodbye to her family and returned to the past. But things did not turn out as she expected. Instead of having her happily ever after with her love. She ended up having a brother-sister relationship and being eternal roommates with a petulant Inuyasha. In the hut in the village of Edo.

Kagome never regretted her decision to stay in the Feudal Era. She got to be with her adoptive son, Shippo. She got to care for him and watch him grow up to be a fine Fox Youkai. But Shippo didn't need her as much anymore. He was beginning to make his own life away from her. Though she was happy for him, she missed her adoptive son terribly.

She also got to see Sango and Miroku finally get married and begin a family of their own. Having moved back to the demon slayer's village to rebuild meant that Sango and Miroku had even less time to spend with their friend. Though they did visit, those visits were getting fewer and far between. Of course, Kagome did not begrudge the couple anything. She understood why and accepted it. Besides what was the point of complaining, it wouldn't change anything.

So Kagome embraced her role as the Shikon No Miko. And with the help of Inuyasha, they continued to eliminate the evil youkai that plagued the villages. She also used her spiritual powers to heal the sick and the wounded. But lately, her heart was longing for her time of adventure with her friends. The danger, the excitement! The near-death experiences! She craved for another adventure, but this time without Inuyasha.

And that is was led to the Sit.

"Don't be stupid Kagome. You can't go off looking for an adventure on your own just like that. Besides knowing you, you won't get five miles from the village without getting hurt, kidnapped or nearly eaten without me." Inuyasha said in a snide tone as he lept into a nearby tree.

Kagome kept walking back to the village, not bothering to acknowledge that baka Inuyasha until... She heard his laughter. With her eyebrow twitching, she stopped turned to face the tree and looked at the Hanyou. Fear was suddenly plain on Inuyasha's face. He knew he did it this time. Kagome took a deep breath. Inuyasha...SIT! Inuyasha's eyes grew wide as the enchanted beads were activated and dragged him back to earth from the topmost branch of the tree. Hitting the ground face first.

"Stupid Inuyasha, I don't need him to protect me anymore. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." Kagome mumbled to herself as she walked back to the village. She enters her hut and begins to pack her tattered yellow backpack with what would be essential for her new adventure. Inuyasha comes rushing into the tent.

"Oi wench whachya do that for? I was only telling you the truth. You're too much of a weakling to be on your own. Look I'll just come with you and we can have an adventure together."

Kagome ignored the irritating Hanyou. She continued to pack her backpack. She packed all of her medicinal herbs, some extra priestess clothes. Some clothes from the modern world that she brought back with her on her last visit. Also some ramen she had stashed away for a rainy day. She packed a month's worth. She packed her cooking pots, her flint rock to start a fire and her lighter and flashlight with extra batteries that she brought from home. And of course her sleeping bag. She didn't know how long she would be gone but she packed for all kinds of weather, just in case. She, of course, taking her sword with her and bow. Kagome made sure that there were plenty of arrows inside the quiver so she wouldn't run out anytime soon.

Once she was done she left the hut and headed over to Lady Kaede's hut. The older priestess was sitting outsides sipping tea with her eyes closed. She heard Kagome approach. "When were ye planning on leaving Kagome?"

Kagome sat down next to the older woman, she shouldn't be surprised that Kaede knew. But she was going to ask anyway. "How did you know Kaede?"

The priestess opened her eyes and looked at the young woman. "This is a small village, Kagome, word gets around. Especially with Inuyasha screaming you can't go on an adventure without him at the top of his lungs."

She chuckled and took another sip of her tea. Kagome looked at the woman that had become her mentor friend and like a mother to her and ask her. "Am I being stupid for wanting this adventure alone?"

Kaede took another sip of her tea, placed it on the mat next to her and turned to face Kagome. "No, Child, I do not think ye are being foolish. I think ye long to spread your wings away from Inuyasha now after all these years ye have been together. Ye have taken care of him long enough it is time for the both of ye to grow up, perhaps without being part of each others' lives. Ye have been good for Inuyasha he has finally matured and can have a life of his own now. And if he so chooses to find his perfect mate."

"Your time has also come, Kagome. To find yourself, find your true happiness. Make a life for yourself without Inuyasha. This adventure will be good for both of you. And who knows you may find your perfect mate on this adventure as well." The woman laughs when she sees Kagome roll her eyes. "Either way child I will miss you dearly."

Kagome embraced Kaede and left.

**Somewhere in time, Midoriko watched as Kagome prepares for her adventure:**

*"It's time little one. You have learned all that you needed to learn, now your true adventure begins. It is time to take you where you truly belong and to be with your true love.*