Chapitre 16

Daniel's POV:

Say that I'm furious would be a huge understatement. I could have killed her if not my love for her. Though I'm questionning it right now. 'Screw who ever she wants'? What the hell? She is MINE! I am the only one she is allowed to screw with. And I'm going to make that clear.

-You are my mate! Whether you like it or not. You. Are. MINE! Ethan yells at her. I couldn't contain him any longer. Not when she speaks so nonchallantly about being with other men. It is more than disrespect it's damn insolence! As fast as those words escape my mouth Silver freezes in place.

Does she know about the mate bond too? I mean, she wasn't surprised about me being a lycan. More over she knew it was me. So I assumed she knows about the werewolf word. Then what does it make her? I can't tell by her scent. It doesn't smell like anything I've met before: sweet berries.

-How am I your mate? She breathes. You mean like a dog? I glare at her choice of words.

-I'm not a dog. I'm bearly a wolf. You on the other hand may be. She frowns angerly at that. Good, I want to hurt her too. I can't hurt her in the same way she did but I still want her to know how I felt. Even though it's not really her fault.. She didn't know she has a mate... Don't try to find her excuses, buddy.

-At least I don't smell like one. Everytime she says something rude or sarcastic I'm taken a back.. in a good way. I thought I got myself a meak and docile mate since I've never seen any emotion of hers. But turns out she is witty and damn fiesty. I like that.

-I've never said you did. You assumed it by yourself. I retord in the mean tone. I'm still pissed at her but that doesn't mean I don't like to see her reactions. Each and every face she makes is just as mesmerising as the rest of her. She is really entertaining. Pissed huh? At this rate you'll be the one apologizing. Shut up!

-Anyway. I'm not your mate or whatever. You got it wrong. I can't have those. She states crossing her arms on her chest.

-So you know what a mate is? I ask curious about how much she knows.

-Isn't it some wolf's coupling stuff? She wonders. The way Silver puts it is a bit crude but It's hot when she is crude. Lord, help me calm down my hormones. I'm supposed to be mad at her.

-Something like that... But it is much more than that. I say softly approaching her. It's an unconditional love and support between two living beings. Forever. I look at her lovingly. I wanted it for so long. I wanted you for so long. I add putting a strand of her hair behind her ear stroking her cheek by the same occasion. Don't you feel these tingles? This warmth? As I say that her eyes widen in ... fear? She suddenly jerks out of my embrace.

-Don't touch me! She says still in shock. I-I-I can't have a mate! I don't want to be attached to anything. And forever? Who does that? Her every word stabbs me like a knife. My mate doesn't want me... Why me? I don't even have the right to choose? I'm not supposed to have a mate at all to begin with. She starts to freak out.

Oh so when I wanted to kill her she was ok but now that I want to love her forever she is freaking out! Hah talk about messed up priorities! Though something she said picks my attention.

-Why are you not supposed to have a mate? I frown. For what I know every supernatural creature has a mate because of the unstability of their powers and their low number. Maybe she is a human and she knows she can't have a mate? But she doesn't smell like one. She doesn't answer me and seems in thoughts, staring in the space. Well whatever, the moongoddes decided to give you to me so you're mine. I say it as statement making her snap her head in my direction with raised brows.