Chapitre 23

Riley's POV:

I was finishing, which seemed like, the most delicious muffin in my whole life along with the greatest coffee ever when someone poked my shoulder. I turned around, never losing my smile, to face a rather cute girl from my class, what was her name.... Emma? Ella? Ebba? Ah whatever! She wasn't alone, there were three other girls with her. All similary dressed with shorts a crop tops.. Well must be some fashion trend...Not that I care. They looked exactly the same.. in the scary way.. But I guess they can still be considered as pretty?

I give her a questionning look with a smile but she only beats her lashes without saying anything.

-Can I help you? I ask in a very joyful tone since I'm still high. The girl seems surprised at first but than seems happy and I'm glad I could share my good mood. I feel like budda.

-Hey Riley! She smiles. Why are you here alone? Want us to join? She smiles touching her hair. Wait, is she flirting with me? I hope not. I stiffen shortly and my smile fades a little when she touches my hand.

-No, yes.. I mean I was with someone not long ago. She just left first. So I'm not alone.. technically. I pull my hand out of her grip clearing my throat.

-Riley you're so cute! She says with that girly voice giving me a slight tap on the shoulder and sitting down next to me as her three friends sit across. I feel a bit unconfortable but hating being unpolite I go along. Well I guess I can keep them company? She puts the stray of her milkshake in her mouth beating her lashes at me. I don't know what to say. I try desperately to find an excuse to leave. She is cute and all but I just got my first girlfriend and I don't want her to think I'm a cheater.

-Well it was nice to meet you .. hum...I look at her hoping she would tell her name but she doesn't. ..girls. But I .. huh.. have stuff to do. I say. And it's true. I have to pick up the twins in an hour or so since I took my sister's car and before that I need to shop a bit.

-Are you ditching me for that blonde bitch? I stare at her in shock. Did I say she was cute? Well I take it back!!! This time her voice wasn't girly at all, it was lower and bitchy like, but what shocked me the most was .. She just insulted Silver?! Ok some one's looking for trouble.

-You better keep your mouth shut... whatever's your name! You hear me? I warn you. There is no way I'm hitting a girl of course, but I can ask Amy who'll be more than thrilled by the offer. I am beyond pissed. I won't allow anyone insult Silver. By the way, Amy is a friend of mine. She's a tomboy and practices karate since she's 5. Everyone knows that and even boys avoid trouble with her. She is actually very cool though.

The girl next to me and her friends looked astonished at my outburst. It was pure hartred in my now cold blue eyes. Yeah I'm known to be a sweet-boy-next-door kind. I don't know why though, I never tried to be like that... Wait, does Silver think of me like that? Maybe she likes me beacause she thinks that I'm the sweet type? Well then I can try I guess..

I was about to leave but the leader girl grabbs my forearm.

-Riley! You think you can talk to me like that and just leave? She says narrowing her eyes. Who do you think you are? She hissed pushing her sharp nail painfully in my chest with every word. What's with that girl poking me with her knifes?! What did I ever do to her? As she finishes the other friend of hers stepps closer and adds.

-Yeah! There is no guy out there who trashes Gemma! She says in a duh tone..

-So that's your name.. I mumble but unfortunatly she heard me and gasped in sync with her friends.

-Stop making fun of me, you know who I am well enough! Gemma says standing up and pushing my chest forcefully but I didn't budge .. I'm a lad after all. I give her a questionning look and she frowns at me. We slept together at Steve's party!

With that my eyes widen and I pale in confusion. I don't remember sleeping with anyone yet. Yes, I am almost 18 and still virgin. Shoot me! Then it hits me.Oh Steven's party... I sigh loudly. I guess I have to remind her what really happened. Calmly. I hate being mean.

-We didn't sleep together. I say pinching bridge of my nose in frustration. We just sort of made out. I say bluntly. And it's true! I always wanted to do it after the wedding, like the religion said. I was drunk, you sat on my laps pressing yourself against me. So naturally it got me hot and I responded to your advances. But my brain tamed my hormones in time so we stopped before doing something we could both regret. I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea. I try to reason her as nicely as I can.

-Ah! She exclaimes over dramatically. You make it seem like I was raping you. She puts her nail in my chest again and I start to lose my patience. It's damn sharp!

-I didn't say that, but I guess you're right. She gasps once again and I feel a headache crawling over me. Oh nice she managed to make me lose my good mood in less than 10 minutes.

-Jerk! I hate you! She turns around to brab her drink, probably to split it over me but while I was facing her back I quickly rushed out and got into my car.

Not today, miss. Where does she think she is, in Mean girls?

I start my engine and on the way to the mall the memory of Silver's comes back making me smile all over again. I wanted to call her right now but thought may as well give her some space. So I just got what I needed and picked up the twins before heading home.