Chapitre 51

Daniel's POV.

-Alpha, the North Star Pack just transpassed the borders and is now heading in our direction. One of my patrols mindlinked me just when I finished my job and wanted to go to Silver. I internelly groaned but stayed professionnal.

-Try to spot them and tell how much there are. We'll join you with warriors. I answered and ran downstairs to call Paul, Chris, Alison and the others.
We were getting ready to rush into the forest when Silver walked over me with a confused expression on her pretty face.

-Where are you going? She asked making me remember that she can't be mindlinked like the others. This is going to be hard but oh well.

-I'm sorry, love. But our date will have to wait. We're attacked by the neigbour pack. I rambled quickly walking away from her.

-How so? You said you'll stay with me. I will be bored if you leave. She whined and it took me all my patience not to snap at her.
Can't she see that it's not the moment to have fun? How clueless can one be? She really is blonde sometimes.

-Silver. You didn't chose the right moment. People can die if I don't go.

-So what? Let them die. It's bond to happen to any mortal. This egoistic side of her shocked me but I really had no time to deal with it. I sighed at her and turned around to leave feeling terribly guilty for ditching my mate. But duty is duty.
I guess we'll have to change her irresponsible side.

I ran to the border after transforming into my giant midnight lycan with mad red eyes, slautering a few wolves on my way.
I had to join Paul and Zach who were looking out for their leader and get rid of him.

Exhausted.
That's all I could feel after we were done. There were more wolves than I predicted. It could have been fatal if we didn't act quickly. These are the bad sides of being the most powerful pack in the world: everybody wants your throne.
I was limping back when a sharp pain plung in my chest. It was so intense I almost chocked. It surprised me at first since no attack reached me, but then I started to remember. I recognised the pain from when Silver was messing around with Riley and whoever else.

I went back into my lycan form and barged into the house breaking down the door.

-Where's this b… Silver! I yelled but she didn't show up. I followed her scent and it lead me into … Lisa's room? I was dumbfounded to the point where my lycan calmed down and I was back into my human form. I hesitantely stretched my arm to the door and slowly opened it, trying to ignore the pain.

There on the couch I saw my mate making out with my ex-girlfriend.

-What the..? My eyes were popping out their sockets. Silver turned her face to me briefly only to give me a smerk. Lisa looked my way widenning her eyes in fear.

-Oh my, Dan! It's not what you... But she was quickly cut as my mate snapped her neck, efficiently shutting her, with a loud crack and sinked her sharp fangs in the she-wolf's throat.

After 18 years of being a lycan it was the first time I felt cold. Shivers of horror and disgust made their way through my whole body as I witnessed my love, my other half kill a random person so cold-heartedly.

I thought she was changing.

Some other pack members ran to this room since they could sens the blood and a wave of loud gasps spread across the room.
Once done, Silver stood up throwing Lisa's body on the couch like a rag-doll and wiped off her mouth. She walked to the door followed by her lethal aura and pointed her lean finger into my bare chest.

-I'll do it everytime you'll ignore me. She snarld angerly, her slit pupils sliming more at her each word. The pair of crimson globes glared at me one last time before exiting the room.

No one dared to move, way too impressed by a pureblood's murderous power. Her silver hair slowly turned into her platinum blonde as she was retiring.
Finally Lisa's family snapped out their shock and ran over her lifeless body with screams and cries. Cursing at my mate... and me.

Damn it, it's going to be harder than I thought to make her melt in with the pack.

The next days passed mourning Lisa. We had a funeral on the last day of the week and never during that time Silver talked to me or anyone else. Not that someone wanted to talk to her, she scared the sh*t out of everyone. Even I slept in the guest's room.
I was numb. I couldn't decide how to feel about it so I though about talking to her before I'd make a decision. Being the alpha I have to run the pack. How am I supposed to do so if I can't even control my own compagny. She can't go and kill people because she's bored. It's... inhuman!

I didn't bother to knock on the door and just walked inside. She was laying on the bed with some book that was obviously not in english. She looked up hearing me come in and as soon as I crossed her big black eyes all the anger that was boiling inside of me vanished.

Stupid mate bond!

I sat next to her putting my face in my hands and she wrapped her arms around my neck resting her head on my shoulder. Her chest was pressed onto my back and I had a hard time remebering why I came here.

-Silver. We'd eventually have to talk about your behavior. Just because I didn't reprimand you on the spot doesn't mean you can go off like that. I said the last sentence a bit harshly making her unravel her hands from around me. I immediatly missed her touch but didn't show it. She has to learn.
I turned my head to see her sitting cross handed on the bed while sulking at me. I rolled my eyes mentally cursing Ethan who was barking at me for upsetting his mate but it had to be done.

-Gorgeous. I didn't mean to be harsh. I wanted to stroke her cheek but she jerked her face away from me. I sighed frustrated that I was actually the only one here who did everything right and was still the only one who faced all the consequences: the broken parents, the angry and shocked pack and now an upset mate.

My head started to pounder violentely at all the criseses I had to handle for the last few weeks and a half and all I wanted was to sleep deepely with my mate curled up in my arms.

I guess it's not happening anytime soon. Ethan commented feeling the temper boil inside Silver.

I was about to leave up when a cold little hand stopped me by my forearm.

-What are you doing? She looked at me with wide open eyes. Aren't you apologizing? She asked utterly shocking me.

-Me? What have I done? I spat at her dereasonable attitude.

-You left me alone! Not only that day but for the whole week! She argued and I felt my own anger errupt at her egoistic caracter.

-Are you kidding me? You cheated on me! Killed one of my.. our pack members. How are they supposed to accept you as a Luna if you keep acting like a spoiled vampire brat?

-Well I didn't want to be their Luna to begin with. You made that stupid deal with Seth, not me. She hissed angerly making Ethan whimper at the fact that our mate still didn't want us.

-I thought you was ok to get to know me better before making a decision! I was pulling at my hair completly out of it. How am I supposed to deal with her was beyond my imagination. I just want for her to accept me finally and it'll be over with. God, what does she want me to do?

-How am I supposed to get to know you if you ditch me everytime you feel like it? She huffed folding her arms over her chest and glaring at the wall. I sighed rubbing my face from tiredness and frustration.

-Ok. You're right. I just.. I didn't know how to face you after what you.. what happened. Let me make it up to you, okey? I said, not wanting to argue further. At this point I'd even take on Kennedy's murder just to be left alone.

She finally smiled lifting the weight from my chest and swiftly came over me to take me in the much needed hug. She pulled away with a soft giggle and gave me a longering kiss taking off all my frustration.
I couldn't be mad at her even if I wanted to. Not when she acts so cutely.