Chapitre 33

Silver's POV

Finally! I ate for the first time in three weeks.

I couldn't even tell what I was doing until the body under me felt limb and was hard to keep up. I struggled for a few other minutes but then got tired and let it fall on the ground. A loud moan of satisfaction escaped my mouth while I likcked the reminding blood from my lips.

Holy blood, it's so sweet!

I hummed a little at the delicious taste of oranges and chocolate, feeling awfully good for the first time in so long.

Umm oranges and chocolate ...

Hang on orange and chocolate?

I popped my eyes open from sudden realisation. A cold shiver ran throug my body as I was dreading to look down at the corpse underneath me.
I inhaled sharply squeezing my eyes, feeling the corners tear up.
Already sobbing I dared a glance down at the pale, lifeless face, that I used to find so gorgeous, the dull look in his eyes and slightly parted lips. I brought my shakening hand under his nose, hoping to feel at least a small breath, but nothing.

-Riley? I whispered, even though I knew he wouldn't respond. I knew it but refused to accept the fact that I coldheartedly killed the first boy I actually cared about.

When realisation hit me I jerked away from his body and crawled to the other end of the classroom feeling numb from fear and disgust for myself.

After about an hour I still didn't manage any tears to slid down my face and was just sobbing in my knees. I heard the door knob make a clicking sound before the door opened and revealed Chuck on his knees, infront of it.
He eyed me for a second before getting up on his feet.

-You didn't just see me pick that lock. He tried to joke but I was in no mood to laugh at this idiot. He studied me for a second with a questionning look. From what I see you just ate, so why the long face? He asked reffering to my blood covered.. well everything. My vision become blurry and I almost not-cried all over again. Chuck didn't move from his spot, seeming startled.
-What the hell? Why is there water in your eyes? He was gueniunly surprised.

So I managed to tear up my eyes?

Well I understand his suprise, after all it's not often that you see a crying vampire. And by 'not so often' I mean.. never. We are emotionless and even I don't understand how do I cry. I shrug at him but he still is up not doing anything. I guess he's not good in comfoting people.
-Well you have to stop that, because it's strange. He shuddered at this words before walking over Riley's body. I suppose he felt the scent of blood because he didn't hesitate at his directions. Oh, I know this dude! I saw him with you once. Such a nice scent, no wonder you kept him around. He exclaimed walking back over me with Riley on his shoulder.

-I didn't keep him for his scent. I sobbed and he rolled his eyes.

-Yeah yeah, and I shave my legs. Now stand up I called the cleaning team but we still need to get rid of that. He gestured at the corps and I cried even harder.
He just called him'that'!

-He's not 'that'! I defened Riley through my sobs.

-Ok whatever. If you insist I'll put flowers over the hole I'll dig him in. Chuck muttered and walked out with me following behind holding Riley's jacket tightly around my shoulders.

We walked in the parking lot and I froze seeing the car he came on. A black Challenger.
Charles looked back at me and smerked at my surprised expression.

-Yep, he's finally back. But we'll only see him tomorrow evening. And you'll have to explain the mess you got yourself into with the little wolves. He chuckled throwing Riley in the trunk and walking to the driver's seat.

I wasn't almost-crying anymore.
Somehow, Riley's death didn't affect me that much after I calmed down a little. And learning the arrival of my big brother kind of took all the attention.
I shuddered thinking about his cold stare but quickly dismissed the thought.
I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't ask for a mate. There is no reason for him to be mad at me.
Anyway I'm terribly depressed from what just happened in the classroom to think about Seth.

I'm soo broken from loosing Riley,... but damn he was tasty!