Chapter 2

"Kells, hurry up! We gotta go!" Vic beeped from the driveway of my house. I could feel my cheeks burn with embarrassment and the cold morning chill sweep across my leggings. I walked over to the passenger side of his car slowly, tugging at the sleeves of my purple hoodie.

"Shut up, Vic," I exclaimed, "I don't want you to wake up my mom." She was sleeping in the living room on the couch after she came home yesterday from a long day of work. I carefully slid into the passenger seat before putting on my seatbelt. I was biting down into my lip to stop from crying out, everything ached.

Yesterday, I had gotten dropped off at Oli's by Vic, which was a big mistake. I already had keys to his apartment, so I just invited myself in. I should've gone home though, because I had walked in on Oli making out with another guy. I was upset, but I didn't show it because of the way Oli was looking at me. Later that night, he came to visit me at my house and he showed me just how angry he actually was.

Now, I had a reasonable explanation as to why my side had a big, purple flower across it, in case anyone asked. Anyone being Vic. I 'accidentally' ran into my dresser. Hard. Positioning myself carefully in the car rose a couple questions from Vic.

"Kellin, are you okay?" He asked, shifting his gaze from the road to me ever so often. I nodded my head and then turned away to clutch them closed. My head started spinning and my stomach ached. I was starving.

"Are you hungry? We'll stop by for something to eat." Vic told me, slowing down to stop by McDonalds. I shook my head in denial, "No, really. I'm fine. I'm not hungry." He didn't believe me because as soon as I said that, my stomach grumbled.

"Yeah, okay. We're getting food." He grinned. I sheepishly turned my head to look outside. I really didn't want to bother him and have him go out of his way to feed me. I was perfectly capable of doing that on my own.

When Vic passed me what he ordered, I slowly started picking at it. I shoveled small bits and pieces of the moist pancake into my mouth, sipping my drink afterwards. I couldn't deny the fact that I truly was starving, but I didn't just want to shove my face into it. And I partially just didn't want to eat.

"Kells," I brought my gaze up to look him in the eyes, "did you eat anything yesterday?" I blushed and turned away from him, ignoring his question. He took that as a no and let out a disappointed sigh. "Why not? You know you can't go back to that." He hinted. I used to be anorexic, and Vic, being my bestfriend, new that. He was the one who got me to go to therapy, he was by my side the entire time. But he knew sometimes I still felt like how I felt before, disgusting. He only wanted the best for me.

"Why didn't you eat, Kellin?" He asked me again. My lip trembled as I struggled to form a reply. "I-I forgot. It just slipped my mind." I mumbled, tugging on my hair. It was a habit I had formed, it was kind of like picking at my nails, or pulling on my hair. But, it wasn't as bad as the latter. I could feel Vic's sad gaze on me, falling over each individual feature on my face. I felt a bit self conscious with his gaze on me, so I tilted my head so my hair would fall over my cheek, shielding me from his piercing brown eyes.

"You're not-" I could already tell what the rest of that sentence held, so I cut him off before he could finish it.

"No, I'm not purging again. I promised you I was better, and I am getting better, slowly." I said to him, staring at him with my wide eyes. He believed me and lightly pulled me over for a hug. I relished in the comfort, something I had been needing lately. He was warm and radiated care.

"We should get to school." I murmured against his shoulder, smiling lightly. He pulled back to look at me and grinned. "Not until you finish." He said. I rolled my eyes at him as we both laughed.