Chapter 12

Long awaited for. V v sorry.

"Are you going to tell me what happened to your eye?" Vic asked me. I don't know what condemned me to let him come inside, but maybe it was the way his eyes seemed so hopeless and lost, or the way they glistened with tears that wouldn't dare shed, or the desperation leaking through his voice that was accompanied by understanding.

Whatever it was, I regretted it now.

I wouldn't be able to answer him without lying. There wasn't any other option though. How would I even start it? Oh, yeah, Vic, I forgot to mention that maybe every once and awhile my boyfriend puts his hands on me in the not-so-loving way, just thought I'd tell you. No. Nothing would turn out good. Vic had steadily been watching me as my brain racked itself for an excuse that was equally as believable.

"I-I just ran into Ronnie on the way home. You know how he is..." I said, my voice quaking with fear and shame. Vic let out a tired sigh, dropping his face into his hands.

"Kellin," His voice cracked. When he looked up at me again, I had to do a double take. His eyes were rimmed red as wet tears fell down his cheeks, leaving stained trails. A frown immediately graced my face. I can't believe that's my fault. I can't believe I made my best friend, and only friend, cry.

I shuffled forward and raised my arms to wrap them around Vic but he pushed my arms away before I could, which broke my heart into pieces.

"No, Kellin, if this his how you want this friendship to go, then I can't handle this. What's so bad that you have to keep it from me? Me of all people! I care about you, Kellin. But sometimes I feel like you're too fucking blind to notice that!" He yelled at me, the aggression strong in his voice. I flinched away from his harsh tone. He rolled his eyes at me before standing in front of me, his feet falling into the pattern of a quick pace.

"So, Kellin, I'll ask one more time, why the fuck are you still lying to me!" He yelled, his arms raising up to reveal clenched fists.

In that moment I completely lost it. I don't know what I had expected to happen, maybe for Vic to hit me, or spit on me, or throw me out of my own house, but at that moment I just didn't know. I yelped and I flinched away from him so hard.

I ended up curling in on myself and shielding myself from him using my arms.

"Please don't hit me, I'm sorry. I won't do it again, I promise. Just please, don't hit me." I sobbed pathetically. My face was hidden from his view and I was worried something happened. There was just silence on his part. Complete and utter silence that honest to god scared me more than it should've. Now I was the one who was a complete mess. And these emotions came so fast, they came like flash floods and destroyed everything. Abruptly, I used my sleeve to wipe away the wetness on my eyes and slowly moved to see him.

He stared down at me in confusion and then pure and utter shock as the realization that I was being abused dawned on him. And then sadness. Sadness and pain. He stumbled away from me until his back hit the door not too far from me. I watched as he slid down it, falling as he held his knees with his arms, his eyes darting everywhere in search of an answer, his mind desperately trying to make sense of the situation. Hesitantly, I made my way off the side of the bed and sat against it, directly across from Vic. I watched him with worried, bloodshot eyes.

"Why-... Why didn't-" His voice was soft and quiet; the emotion clawing at each letter. And then his voice grew angry, which scared me. "Why didn't you fucking tell me!" He screamed; standing up and thrashing his arms against the wooden door behind him, I cowered farther into the side of the bed. A sad, pathetic whimper slipped past my lips.