Chapter 3

Three repetitive knocks came from the front door. I left my spot next to Oli to go and answer the door. When I opened it, a smiley Vic looked at me and held up two separate bags. One I assumed held the movies and the other the snacks, as soon as he saw me though, his smile dampened. And just like that I think my whole mood dampened, too.

"Kells, what happened to my hoodie?" He asked, lowering his arms to his side, the plastic bags rattling against his leg. I could see momentary hurt flash across his eyes as he dragged his gaze down the black material adorning my body. I sheepishly rubbed my arm, embarrassment flooded my cheeks, tinging them red.

"It's upstairs, in my room." I told him, sliding the thin fabric over my hands, tugging on the sleeves. A frown graced his face, his shoulders slouching. I wondered why it seemed to hurt him so much that I was wearing Oli's hoodie instead of his, but I ignored it. At least I tried to.

He stepped inside and brushed off whatever it was that had just happened and engulfed me in a hug. My arms slung around his neck, a smile slipping onto my lips. I didn't want to let go but I remembered that Oli was just in the living room, so I removed my hands slowly.

"I got some of the newest horror films and a couple comedy's, since your so scared of horror films." He said jokingly, laughing. I rolled my eyes at him and shoved his shoulder, laughing along. "I'm not scared of them. They just freak me out..." I trailed off, walking with him into the living room.

He gave me a look of disbelief, "Right...Anyways, I also stopped by the gas station and got some of your fave shit." He grinned before turning the back upside down above the couch, dropping out all of the bags contents. I didn't pay attention to the fact that he didn't acknowledge Oli, but the thought was still in the back of my mind.

"Well then let's see if you pass the best friend test." I teasingly poked his side. He swatted my hand away playfully, observing me as I placed my hand against my chin and prodded at the various candies and chip bags.

"Let's see, twizzlers, Swedish fish, gummy bears, gummy worms, Hershey's, etcetera etcetera, pretty good," I said approvingly while he did a little dance in victory, "but," he stopped dancing. "You're forgetting my actual fave, starburst." I told him, feigning disappointment. He frowned before moving his hand from behind his back and holding up three individual packs of starburst.

"Dammit, I wanted a good reason to get rid of you." I joked, glaring at him playfully. He shrugged his shoulders, throwing the candy with the rest of it before leaning against my shoulder with one arm.

"So does this mean I pass?" He asked, turning to face me. I let out a fake sigh, "Sadly, it does."

"Great, because I'd be your best friend anyways." Vic said, smiling widely before placing a sloppy kiss on my cheek. I wiped it off in fake disgust, and I couldn't help the little giggle that came out afterwards too. I could hear Oli's annoyed sigh from the couch. I pulled away from Vic to look at Oli, he was putting back on his shoes.

"Where are you going? We were just about to start the movies." I told him, frowning as he rolled his eyes. He let out a sigh in what I percieved was annoyance.

"I've got somewhere to be. Later Kellin." He told me, brushing past Vic and I to head for the door. He didn't even kiss me goodbye. Vic put his hand on my shoulder, "We don't need that debby downer anyways. It'll just be you and me, like always." He explained. I nodded my head at him.

A quarter into one of the horror films Vic brought, I was cuddled up next to him, his arm wrapped securely around my waist, the snacks spread out around us, I had told him I needed to use the bathroom. "Okay, be quick, I think the scary part is about to come up." He teased.