The walk

December 5th 2015 10:17am ALLY'S POV
Today was another Saturday I had to spend an hour with Jeremy in the cafeteria. Today we actually did make some progress, I guess having him pour out his heart and soul to me helped him break his shell.

Tom had left the school and was on the way to my house when Jeremy asked me something. "Hey Ally, I was wondering if you would want to come over to my house this time? Neil is already on his way." He asked. I guess I could, I had nothing better to do.

"Yeah sure that sounds fun." I said. I actually just wanted to see where he lived, not for any stalker reasons.

Tom quickly made a U-turn and went the other way towards the school again. We drove past it, and turned into a very run down looking neighborhood. All the houses could fit comfortably in mine at least three or four times. I need to learn to stop complaining about my life, I really have it off a lot better than most people.

Tom went to the back of the neighborhood and pulled into a driveway. It was a very dark looking house, with a lot of palm trees blocking out the Sun. You could hear dogs barking in the distance. I saw Neil sitting on the front porch waiting for us to get home.

I got out of the car, Tom walked across the yard and went into the house next door and I closely followed Jeremy.

"So what did you want to do?" I asked as we all stood in his kitchen. It was very hot in here.

"Usually, Neil and I watch TV or something. But whatever you want to do is fine."

"Jeremy do you have air conditioning?" I asked.

"No, my aunt says it's too expensive so we open windows and use fans." He said pointing to numerous fans, which was funny because I'd think that would bring your electric bill through the roof.

"What's you aunt's name?" I asked.

"She's my aunt Cassidy. She really isn't home much because she's a flight attendant. She's somewhere in Morocco right now."

"Oh." Was all I could say.

Jeremy went over to Neil's bag and took out a speaker. I already knew what was about to happen and I wasn't very excited. I truly hated being around them when they had their music playing, and I'm sure they would feel the same way about me. So I never said anything about it.

I was right, some song was playing and you could hear it throughout the entire house. I honestly wanted to either throw up or leave. Or have his aunt come home and tell him to turn it off. "So what is it you guys usually do when you hang out?" I asked.

"Well if everyone else were here, we would probably rehearse. But because they aren't, we just sit around." Jeremy said. I really didn't feel like just sitting around. "Well how about we do something else?" I asked.

"Like what?"

"Like go outside where it's nice and go for a walk?"

Jeremy questioned me. "Sure why not?" Neil said and turned off the music. Thank God.

We left through the door in his kitchen and he locked it on the way out. "So which way are we going to walk?" Jeremy asked. I looked down each road and made us go right.

His neighborhood wasn't the best, but it wasn't like you couldn't go outside at all. Now if it were dark outside, you wouldn't catch me out here. And you wouldn't catch me having my car doors unlocked either.

I walked by the right of Neil who was in the middle of Jeremy and I. "So Ally?" Neil asked me.

"Yeah?"

"How is Jeremy doing when you tutor him?"

Jeremy hit Neil before I could even say anything. "Sorry Ally, Neil is always so concerned with how I am."

"That's because we're oh I don't know, dating?" Neil said.

"Neil I keep telling you that I am doing perfectly fine in school. I just needed help a while ago which is why Ally was sent to me. I have at least a D in all my classes which is what I need to pass."

I personally had no idea how he could be fine with having D's in all of his classes. Yes I know everyone hates the people who freak out over a B, I'm sorry but I just can't help it. I want A's in all of my classes and I want to go to a good college. Start a family and have a steady income.

I could see that it was bothering Jeremy how concerned a lot of people were about him. So I had to lie to save his butt. "Jeremy is doing very well actually. Much better than the time I first met him." I said.

Neil looked very relieved. "See Jeremy? Was that so hard?"

Jeremy snickered a bit and we all just continued to walk. And forget about what just happened.

We eventually got to the front of the neighborhood where you could see the highway, so we turned back.

We were about three or four houses away from his when the unexpected happened. A black car pulled over to the side of us and the window rolled down. I looked inside to see a very shady old man. "Hey sweet thing, mind hopping in the back so I can show you a real good time?"

I had no idea what to do and neither did Neil or Jeremy. I of course was not going to say yes, he's probably some human trafficker or a pedophile. "No thanks I'm fine." I said, knowing he was going to put up a fight.

"I'm not one who takes no for an answer." Oh would you look at that, I was right. Again. And no one ever listens to me.

He turned off the car and Jeremy told me to run, so I did. We all made it back to Jeremy's house in time that he couldn't catch up with us. Jeremy locked the doors and we all looked out the window.

"I always get what I want, this won't be the last you see of me!" He shouted out loud, giving up and going back to his car. Maybe sitting here and listening to death music was actually a good idea.